Texwrangler

Members
  • Posts

    225
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Texwrangler

  1. My first job was during my senior year of high school as a grease monkey at a local gas station. Never did I realize all I learned at that time was to carry over in doing my own car maintenance (oil change, brakes, tune up, etc) since. I can’t image how much $$ I’ve saved from learning these basic skills.
  2. John Wayne in ‘The Cowboys’. He rides into camp yelling at the boys to get up and get moving by saying, ‘let’s go, we’re burning daylight’. One of the boys sleepily says after standing up, ‘burning daylight?? It’s still dark!’ My dad used to wake me up with that same phrase.
  3. Horse manure makes great fertilizer. Shouldn’t have a problem finding plenty around here.
  4. We shoot crows here. Hard to get a distance when they’re no longer flying
  5. Knock my socks off but (1) Parti shorts 2 RASS 3 Monti 4’s 4 Monti 2’s 5 Cohiba Siglo III
  6. I’ve been with FOH long enough to recognize and know the meaning of the color dots on the sides of boxes yet I’ve never seen a green one. Guess green represents ‘green with envy’?! 😜
  7. Own a horse farm in Florida. Buy and sell hunters and jumpers (truly the sport of king yet I still find myself shoveling horse poop more often then I care to admit). I retired from a job in DC only to find myself working more hours and twice as hard to maintain the place. But in the evenings when the horses are contently munching on hay in their stalls and the place is quiet, I’ll sit on the front porch overlooking the barn, ring, and paddocks and while in the old comfy rocking chair with the jack russell sitting close by I’ll smoke whatever I fancy. Best feeling in the world. Mostly Monti’s with some HU’s mixed in. Last checked about 500 give or take 50.
  8. Whenever I feel guilty about my ‘expensive’ passion and need a little reassurance, I read this column. It still makes me chuckle and renews my passion.
  9. Try doing a search for ‘Camp Winnepesaukee’. it’ll give you a laugh and let you know you’re not the first or alone ?
  10. Hmmmm. 80% of a dress box of cigars smoke perfect. The other 20% have a defect.
  11. well done whoever started this post....in a subtle way it made all of us go back and check our inventories. deep in PLPC. hoping they age well.
  12. i'm in that mindset that Rob has mentioned time and time again, 'regular production cigars don't get the love they deserve'. Last year I got a PSP box of 14 PLPC and smoked one ROTT. Never have had such a caramel rush as that first one outta the box, it totally blew me away.. Each time I open the tuppador and grab a few for the next few days, my eyes always linger on that box. Have smoked maybe 4 or 5 since then and they are still perfect and only getting better. Nothing I have compare to that potent taste of these and I'm smoking them only on special occasion or I need a 'pick me up'. How much would I spend? Like Colt45....about $20 (and would feel like its still a bargain). Happy Holidays to all....and a very rewarding smoking coming year.
  13. In....Registered....Contemplated.....FIRST ONE TO POST MY PICKS. Least I can be 'first' something,
  14. Dude.......you dawg!!!!! LOL, seriously.....well done. I would have bet this last one was a VR. Good to see the mantel being brought to Texas though. Oh, BTW....if I would have won, I would have used to the winnings to buy all my texas brothers a nice 5 pack
  15. I fell in love with Punch through this year's blind cigar competition. Since then I've purchased some cabs and dress boxes. Preferring the boxes at the moment and letting the cabs aged a bit. It was the subtle floral nuances mixed with some dried fruit that I found intoxicating enough that I was sold on them. Will always have some in storage as long as I'm into cc's.
  16. I like to think I'm above being the whore. So I'll admit it...I'm a PL pimp, LOL
  17. even though you didn't help me at all this last pick, I still think you're lovely
  18. My top five: 1. Cohiba Siglo III - 2016 2. PLPC - 2014 3. QDO Corona's - 2016 4. HDM Du Prince - 2016 5. Partagas Lusitana - 2016
  19. Hard to get an accurate count...they all seem to eventually go up in smoke.
  20. Me think its time for a friendly wager on #5....since we're both 3/4.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.