Honey flavor

I've been drinking alot of tea lately with honey Mmm... I never really came across a cigar that delivered honey flavors. I heard that Cohiba has hints of honey and grass, but i dont buy Cohiba due to their high prices... im just a college student! lol. What other brands out there have you guys experienced that have honey flavors?

I've tasted honey, or what I call honey sweetness, in a number of cigars. The Cohiba robusto is one, but I think the first that comes to mind for

me would be the Vegas Robaina Unicos. But in any of the cases it's usually never a thick syrupy sweetness, but more the sensation of dried

honey - think more along the lines of the crystalized stuff on the neck of the half full honey jar - not a dominant taste, but a complimentary

component. And yes, I realize this doesn't really help all that much :D

I agree with Ross on the essence of the flavor, I can't say I've had a cigar dripping in honey. The best examples for me are the Siglo III's with at least 5 years of age. Other cigars have that slight cloying sweetness that could be picked up as honey but I instead get more of a sugarcane sweetness... Now if I could only find some damn ERDM GDE's.

I have a box of La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or no. 1 from 2002 that are absolutely loaded with honey. Other than that, I think Cohibas and the odd Punch and Vegas Robaina are the only cigars I've smoked that have had a good amount of honey flavor.

So i ended up smoking one of my 2002 La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'Or No. 1 by the fire side. Great smoke, i did get some sweetness in the first third, maybe honey/sugarcane. Half way through the cigar got stronger with hints of coffee, leather, and wood. The last third was just straight up cuban tobacco flavor with a floral/perfume background. I really think this cigar needs more time, it was a bit rough around the edges after the half way point, a great cigar though none of the less. Ill revisit in a year, good thing i have 14 left! :lol: Merry Christmas!