COHIBA Esplendido Real or Fake

rahman2k6

Hi, i have recently been offered a box of COHIBA Esplendido from a friend who came back from Cuba, i'm a bit hesitant on buying them because i've heard there alot of fakes around. Uploaded a few pictures, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

post-6120-1261579350.jpg

post-6120-1261579355.jpg

post-6120-1261579361.jpg

post-6120-1261579367.jpg

post-6120-1261579374.jpg

post-6120-1261579381.jpg

Yes...that is very strange. The sticker should definitely be affixed to the box. Any more pics of the top of bottom of the box. Box code might help too. The cigar itself looks okay except for the foot. Looks like the cut was kind of rough which I don't normally see.

I don't understand why the Habanos and Republica de Cuba stickers are loose and not stuck to the box??

I do.

Don't buy them if you don't want fake Cohibas.

While nothing is certain, your friend back from Cuba bought probably the most counterfeited cigar there is. Add to that, the stickers inside the box which makes no sense at all.

Would have friend have known where or where not to buy cigars in Cuba?

The fact that the seals were not affixed to the box at the factory would indicate they are not authentic.

Welcome to the forum.

It a little strange that the fakers make Esplendido-boxes with rounded corners; that is a feature of the Sublimes-boxes (and DC?). The seals inside the box is a really good indication of fakes. I've seen many such boxes for sale here in Sweden. We have great sport tainting the sellers on the forums! :)

It a little strange that the fakers make Esplendido-boxes with rounded corners; that is a feature of the Sublimes-boxes (and DC?). The seals inside the box is a really good indication of fakes. I've seen many such boxes for sale here in Sweden. We have great sport tainting the sellers on the forums! :troll:

I never realized that. Good tip!

This is what he said when questioned about the Stickers,

I think the reason for that is because I bought them in cuba straight from the cigar factory. When the cigars are exported to different countries, the stickers are usually stuck on the boxes. That's the only reason I can give.

And he was asking £250 GBP for them which is really cheap in the UK

I think the reason for that is because I bought them in cuba straight from the cigar factory. When the cigars are exported to different countries, the stickers are usually stuck on the boxes. That's the only reason I can give.

Nope... This is absolutely not true. They are as phony as a 3 dollar bill. A little research around the internet on your part will show this as a classic rip-off. If you're going to be smoking CC's it'll be well worth the effort.

In the mean time, these are most assuredly knock-offs. Walk away.

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE....Cohibas are not really cheap!!!!! Your friend is NO freind.

• 4 weeks later...

The only other time I've seen the stickers not affixed to the box was from a guy on the beach in Varadero; I believe he was asking 65CUC for the box of Fauxhibas. I would say your 'friend' was either had, or is knowingly selling fakes to make ~ 600% profit off of you.