Bart's Ever Growing Collection

I wish :lol:

Going thru a Divorce and havent bought a box in 13 months, just fivers here and there when I can afford them

I will be back to my old habits soon enough but have my priorities right now on getting through this mess..........

Thanks

Bart

Hang in there! Been there, done that... at the end of the day it's only money and you will be glad you did it... You know the reason why divorce is so expensive, right?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some new additions to the humi

In today

Keep all comments positive or start your own threads

I wish :party:

Going thru a Divorce and havent bought a box in 13 months, just fivers here and there when I can afford them

I will be back to my old habits soon enough but have my priorities right now on getting through this mess..........

Thanks

Bart

Ooooh, ouch, sorry about that Bart. I feel like an arse for waking up this thread then. Sorry to hear of the situation.

Fingers crossed, though, for an equal and fair outcome for you, and that all parties are none the worse for wear. Best wishes, senor.

Will look forward to happier times and happier news and updates from you soon enough, then.

Ooooh, ouch, sorry about that Bart. I feel like an arse for waking up this thread then. Sorry to hear of the situation.

Fingers crossed, though, for an equal and fair outcome for you, and that all parties are none the worse for wear. Best wishes, senor.

Will look forward to happier times and happier news and updates from you soon enough, then.

No worries bro :huh:

I actually went through the whole thread last night after your post, lots of goodies in there I must say but they have new homes now and once in a while they send me postcards on how they are doing :party:

Bart

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Picked up in the last couple of weeks

08 Dip 5

09 Dip 4

HDM 2011 EL Short Pyramid

98 Lunch Club

11 PL Panatela.....curious to see how these compare to the Montecarlo as I have never had a Panatela

09 LGC Tainos

00 LGC Tainos

01 VR Unicos

IMG00035-20120329-1328.jpg

Nice collection.

Do you randomly order online from various vendors? The reason I ask, and please don't take it the wrong way, is that there is a big difference between your boxes. Some are very dull looking with rough wrappers and others look just great. Your box of Monte 08 for instance has 2 nice looking cigars out of 10.

No worries, its all good :)

I order from various vendors(majority from Czar), trade w friends, etc...a lot of it has to do with the age of the boxes too

As far as wrappers, appearance, etc....dont judge a book by its cover all of the time.....I have had some crappy cigars with nice, oily wrapppers and some true gems with rough wrappers.....it all depends on how the cigar smokes for me, not necessarily what they look like

Kind of like the hot girl in the Versace dress that doesnt put out or is a horrible kisser while the average girl in sweatpants that is a minx in bed......you just dont know until you test drive them :)

If you were referring to the Monte 08 Sublimes, they were all great even though some of them were ugly in appearance

:thumbsup:

Bart

I order from various vendors(majority from Czar), trade w friends, etc...a lot of it has to do with the age of the boxes too

As far as wrappers, appearance, etc....dont judge a book by its cover all of the time.....I have had some crappy cigars with nice, oily wrapppers and some true gems with rough wrappers.....it all depends on how the cigar smokes for me, not necessarily what they look like

Kind of like the hot girl in the Versace dress that doesnt put out or is a horrible kisser while the average girl in sweatpants that is a minx in bed......you just dont know until you test drive them :)

If you were referring to the Monte 08 Sublimes, they were all great even though some of them were ugly in appearance

Bart

Ditto on this I have a couple boxes of OR Genios that look like turds, but are some of the best cigars I have ever smoked...

Bart

Here here! :clap: Very well said, Bart, on all counts!!!! :perfect10:

Good to know, thanks for the reply. Good analogy with the girls, lol.

But then Czar's PSP/HQ/PE program would make no sense, don't you think? Why pay more for a PSP or HQ box if a box that looks like less appealing can smoke as good if not better?

Not implying we shouldn't buy PSP/HQ/PE boxes but trying to understand the reasoning with the way a cigar looks and how it tastes.

Curious to know what you all think.

Robs program makes total sense and thats why I participate when I can. Rob inspects all of these boxes personally and that is worth the upcharge for the different levels of quality

But there are always exceptions to the rules when it comes to cigars, sometimes ugly cigars smoke great, but it all just depends

Robs PE boxes are still a step up in quality compared to other Global vendors IMHO

Overall, the PSP and HQ boxes will smoke better than than regular selection based on my experience with regards to his program

Bart