• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, planetary said:

Home today for a long weekend.  The scorching weather in the SF Bay Area continues.  

From a PSP box of LUB MAY 15... Enchanting.  Constructed brilliantly. Burns like a champ.  Volumes of smoke.  Definitive Cuban character, and full flavors of roasted coffee, nuts, a touch of salt, and a slight fruity sweetness -- all nicely balanced.  Leaves you wanting more.  If I wanted to share an excellent stick with a good friend, I'd pull from this box with confidence.  94 points through the second third, when a bit of youth comes in.

IMG_0147.thumb.JPG.174e73cede702ca3eb4f33db3d354c12.JPG

Great review @planetary! It's no coincidence how often this cigar has shown up in this thread over the Father's day weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, encephalization said:

Had an article accepted for publication in a major journal of our field last night. Celebrating with a 54 that I picked up at the LCDH in Santiago last year and an Oban Little Bay.

The cigar is starting out fantastic, I hate to admit. emoji23.png27e2d42da1146f1b2825deb5dacc49c1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Congrats. Science or Nature?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jerrybrowne said:

There are plenty of high impact journals other than Science and Nature....

Sure, but with his interest in climate and trees, those were the only ones I thought of.  Maybe he would have smoked a gran reserva if he got in Nature or Science.  Perhaps behike for PNAS? 

• Like 2

Congrats. Science or Nature?

I wish, hopefully in the next few years. This time it was Geophysical Research Letters, which is decent for an initial study. I'm near the start of my career so every publication matters.

For Science or Nature, I'll probably need to find a Davidoff or Dunhill, eh?

8 minutes ago, encephalization said:

I wish, hopefully in the next few years. This time it was Geophysical Research Letters, which is decent for an initial study. I'm near the start of my career so every publication matters.

For Science or Nature, I'll probably need to find a Davidoff or Dunhill, eh?

Your forum ID made me think you were a biologist.  Not sure how it is in your field, but its so hard to publish now that any paper is a reason to celebrate.  Congrats!

Because of bad traffic in Sydney this morning and poor anticipation on my part, I am enjoying a lonely Juan Lopez Seleccion no1 on the Cairns esplanade while my family is already with relatives up in Weipa. I won't bore you with the prosaic details of my day, except to say that this fairly fresh stick is a wonderful way to bring it to a close.