Punch Punch or Royal Selection No. 11

This is why I love this forum, because I have a chance to ask questions about cigars and can get straight answers from people who know and have first hand experience with them. I have tried a couple of Punch Punch and have had mixed results. I bought three from a LCDH (all from the same box). Two of them were tremendous. The other was sort of a letdown. I haven't had the Royal Selection No. 11 yet, so I was wondering, what is the difference and which do you prefer? Thinking about making another box purchase and Punch is on my radar. Suggestions between the two would be much appreciated!

IMO go for the RS11.

Just started on a 07 cab... Sweet tobacco a la Punch with a subtle medium body, quite complex, still with some youthful harsness in the last third. A truly great smoke with great potential, if you ask me.

I also say RS11, however, I can only base this on one box of PP vs one box of RS11

My PP's are "cardboard" and the RS11 is much more flavorfull. I hope I got just a bunch of PP Duds, as many have said they are great.

Having not smoked a PP for ages, my advice may be a little lop sided. But the RS11 I smoked recently, was simply one of the best smokes I've had this year. Medium body with cream, honey and (I thought) a grassiness about it. From memory, I gave it a 94.

Enjoy!

I bought 2 singles from the same box or RS 11 assuming 08. The first I smoked was FANTASTIC, sweet tobacco, pepper, creamy. the second I had was one of the worst cigars of the year, basically a mouth full of dirt with overwhelming pepper in the first half then pepper faded and I was left with a mouthful of dirt.

I would opt for the RS11. In my limited experience the Punch Punch is good when on, but is sometimes way off...

Neither! Look for some SS#2s!

i would completely agree with this, however, one small problem. they were discontinued in 02, i believe. rob put me on to these on one of our early cuban trips and i reckon i have smoked way more than my fair share - mostly fabulous, can be a little hard and unforthcoming, but in general, wonderful.

the best thing would be if habanos revived the line!

i would completely agree with this, however, one small problem. they were discontinued in 02, i believe. rob put me on to these on one of our early cuban trips and i reckon i have smoked way more than my fair share - mostly fabulous, can be a little hard and unforthcoming, but in general, wonderful.

Nice candidate for a PCC Regional!

Maybe a Pacific Regional Edition in cabs of 50?