Best Cigars of the week

Friday midday here and I am getting ready you head off to our First Friday of the month Cigar Lunch (work never stops :lol3: ).

I have had some excelent cigars this week but one just blew me away. I smoked a second from another box simply because i had to make sure. The second was not as good as the first but not far short in terms as utility.

Cuaba Distinguidos........yeah...I couldn't believe it either.

Pure Vuelta Abajo toasted tobacco and peanut butter. medium bodied, luch, rich and completely satisfying. Solid 94. It may have been a fluke but I will investigate a few more from 07/08 in the hope it is a trend and not a shooting star.

Your best cigar of the week?

Cuaba Distinguidos........yeah...I couldn't believe it either. Pure Vuelta Abajo toasted tobacco and peanut butter. medium bodied, luch, rich and completely satisfying. Solid 94. It may have been a fluke but I will investigate a few more from 07/08 in the hope it is a trend and not a shooting star.

I'm not surprised! I think it's the best (if not only) cigar in the line worth smoking.

Funny, because I really enjoy the Distinguido. Never had the Salomone.

Vegas Robaina Famoso - rich, well balanced sweet, salt and tannic elements. Lush smoke and mouth feel. Along with the usual chocolate, dark cherry, grassy, ginger spice notes, experienced a delightful pine needles flavor. Anyway, the runaway winner for the week.

Guest robustog

I had two that stood out.

I celibrated my 50th on the 26th. Smoked a PD3 EL and a Siglo VI '03 with my bro.

Both these were outstanding

I've a box (DEB NOV06) of the Distinguidos in the humi that I haven't tried yet. Maybe this weekend. Anyone have any experience with that date?

I have tried the Salomones (DEB OCT06), which was fair to middlin, and the Divinos (EMA OCT07) which was not so nice. While the entire line is mild, or subtle, they do have a certain 'what's-it'.

Someday I'll light up one of the 2008 Piramides....

Bolivar RC 08 March : Florial -Sweet Honey -Rich tobacco and with some citrus to boot !!!!! only 4 left in my box and smoke 3 this week and all have been excellant..

Punch SS1 03 smoked 3 this week not that good flat on flavor not as good as the 07/08 they are much superior in flavor so far..Will try a few more next month hopefully it will change and they make a comeback....

This was a no brained for me, cause I only smoked 2 but they were both exceptional.

1. 95' D4

2. I cracked my box of R&J Hermoso #2's from 04.

I've got a box of the SW from '03, as well. They are very nice!

Looking at the calendar I see that in the last seven days I have also had a Monte Sublime. That is quite a smoke! I'm glad I'm getting another box because they are sooo good.

Friday midday here and I am getting ready you head off to our First Friday of the month Cigar Lunch (work never stops :o ).

I have had some excelent cigars this week but one just blew me away. I smoked a second from another box simply because i had to make sure. The second was not as good as the first but not far short in terms as utility.

Pure Vuelta Abajo toasted tobacco and peanut butter. medium bodied, luch, rich and completely satisfying. Solid 94. It may have been a fluke but I will investigate a few more from 07/08 in the hope it is a trend and not a shooting star.

a cuaba for cigar of the week? sorry, can't agree with that and therefore i must spit my dummy and leave the forum forthwith as if i stay, someone might think i accept that.

a cuaba for cigar of the week? sorry, can't agree with that and therefore i must spit my dummy and leave the forum forthwith as if i stay, someone might think i accept that.

Damn, shame to see you go Ken...... your contributions to FOH has been immense and knowledgable to us all. Sorry you feel that way, all the best.

Regards,

"A' Redneck. :o

Friday midday here and I am getting ready you head off to our First Friday of the month Cigar Lunch (work never stops :o ).

Prez, why did you have to tell everyone? It was such a great secret... Me and my g/f have been smoking them for the past 2 years with great satisfaction. For my g/f they are her favourite cigar.

Anyway, the best of the week was a Sanch Panza Belicoso from March 08.

Bolivar PC from FEB 08. I have two boxes of these and both leave me speechless. One box has those beautiful dark mottled wrappers and the other box has a wrapper that I would almost call Grey. The Mottled wrappers are Medium-Full with classic Bolivar taste and the Gray wrappers are FULL ON ASS KICKERS. I love them both!

"03 RAG Tuesday night. Smooth, nutty and just strong enough to keep me interested as the cigar burned. It was a little tight in the beginning but loosened up after about an inch. I don't know if there is a best DC but this one is pretty damn good.

Monte 2 last night.. Ol Faithful!! The wrapper wasn't the best but aroma at cold had a real inviting aura about it. Hints of milk coffee and cream filled the first third, and the rest was just a well balanced pleasant experience with dry coconut and leather coming and going. Combined with a warm night on the balcony and some good tunes it made a fitting end to a decent week.

Monte 2 last night.. Ol Faithful!! The wrapper wasn't the best but aroma at cold had a real inviting aura about it. Hints of milk coffee and cream filled the first third, and the rest was just a well balanced pleasant experience with dry coconut and leather coming and going. Combined with a warm night on the balcony and some good tunes it made a fitting end to a decent week.

Do you know the year/month/box code?

Do you know the year/month/box code?

Year would of been 08 and unfortunately I'm not sure about box code, it was part of a bunch of singles I bought here in Syd about 6 months ago. I would of loved to have the rest of the box though.

Juan lopez no 2 the best. awesome nutty and new leather flavour

worst a padron maduro 2000, for the same price I could be smoking a number of habanos of similar size that I have really enjoyed (like above). that was p*** poor!