Best Cigars of the week

Unfortunately...I have been out of commission with the flu for almost two weeks. Didn't smoke but two cigars this week. Wednesday night I celebrated getting over the flu with a Diplomaticos No. 5. Last night I was in Baltimore, MD and stopped by the Havana Club for a smoke before catching the Acela back to NYC. Smoked an Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto. Neither one of the cigars impressed me at all. However, this being a best of the week cigar thread, I have only two options. Of the two, I would go with the Diplomatico No. 5...just to get a perspective on how bad the AFDC Robusto was, I was in a luxurious cigar lounge with scantily clad cocktail waitresses to enhance the experience, and still a subpar Diplo 5 won out. While there are certain non-Cuban cigars I still enjoy...I have to say...thank God for Cuban cigars.

Did they address you as "The Chen Man"?

I'm sad to say no...but Tony one of the managers there did offer to set up a gratis buffett bar of appetizers from Ruth's Chris (the Havana Clubs sits on top of a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse) if I wanted to throw a cocktail party for clients the next time I roll into town. I thought that was nice of him. In this economy...it seems everyone is hurting for business.

Was traveling in Florida this week and my Cubans are at home resting for a month. Smoked a Padron 45th Anniversary and it was great to be honest with you, a very full smoke. Was it a Cuban, nope but still pretty good for a NC. Worth the $25/stick price tag, not for an everyday smoke but to try at least one it was.

Back to Favorite Weekly Cubans....... :D

Bart

a cuaba for cigar of the week? sorry, can't agree with that and therefore i must spit my dummy and leave the forum forthwith as if i stay, someone might think i accept that.

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out, you bellicose bumpkin.

May '06 Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No.3 - earthy, leather, sweet and black pepper spice. Concentrated flavor delivery, and I think still developing.