new user, first online purchase

jgmiller829

Hey guys,

Just joined here, the community looks great. I've been smoking CCs for a couple years now and have had a consistently reliable source from a Casa del Habanos. The only problem is they are sent to me without the bands or box, which is perfectly fine for the cigars, but I was curious (and possibly greedy...) to have an intact box. So I decided to try a website that guaranteed delivery with the box and bands intact. I received the box today and just wanted to run some pix by you all to see if its legit. I know it ultimately comes down to the taste of the cigars and thats what I'm most worried about. The prelight draw and flavor profile seem legit. The cigars seem to have come on the dry side and didn't have the typical cuban freshness (and sponginess) that I've grown to love. I know this is probably a sign that the website isn't the best at storage but I'll keep that in mind in the future. The real problem arises because the burn was severely uneven and seemed to burn hot starting just before the last third (today was pretty windy so hopefully that was a major contributor). I'm really hoping that after a couple months in the ole humidor, the cigars will be reinvigorated but we'll see.

So, I bought a box of Partagas Serie P No. 2's. The factory code/date is TEB December 2008. I asked the website to send them "uninspected" which I know is a terrible idea, but I really wanted to see what a sealed box would be like. I guess I might've just gotten a subpar box because I didn't have them take a look at the cigars beforehand.

Anyway, thanks alot in advance, I appreciate it a lot. Information either way would help me feel a lot better. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Btw, sorry for so many pix, I wasn't sure what exactly you guys need to see.

-Jon

post-5792-1254190941.jpg

post-5792-1254190979.jpg

post-5792-1254191091.jpg

post-5792-1254191124.jpg

post-5792-1254191148.jpg

post-5792-1254191173.jpg

post-5792-1254191209.jpg

post-5792-1254191239.jpg

post-5792-1254191291.jpg

post-5792-1254191326.jpg

post-5792-1254191420.jpg

To my knowledge, nothing in your photos looks inconsistent with the genuine article.

Sadly, these days, that's only encouraging, and not definitive.

Stop in the "newbie" forum and post an intro when you get a chance if you're so inclined.

Getting to know our hosts will go as far as you could possibly need to go in preventing concerns about authenticity in the future.

Buy from a trusted and reliable source and you will never have to worry. ;)

Absolutely correct.

I saw nothing unusual from the photos provided. Yet your concern was that the condition was not as "spongee", which in my opinion means the cigars are over humidified as I perfer them to be from a stable RH of 63-65%. Dude, smoking a cigar fresh off the truck is like killing babies! Give the cigars time in your humidor. 30-90 days would be considered normal for most of us non-baby killers.

To my knowledge, nothing in your photos looks inconsistent with the genuine article.

Sadly, these days, that's only encouraging, and not definitive.

Stop in the "newbie" forum and post an intro when you get a chance if you're so inclined.

Getting to know our hosts will go as far as you could possibly need to go in preventing concerns about authenticity in the future.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wilkey

I know this isn't addressing the question at hand - but as an aside, I haven't questioned authenticity in the 2 years I've been buying from Czar.

Before I found Czar, I used to scrutinise EVERY box I received.... and always wondered if what I had was the real deal. It didn't matter how good the box, bands and cigars looked... my paranoia always had me wondering.

It has been a very refreshing 2 years not having to worry. I seriously don't even look at some of the boxes I receive because I know they are real and the best available at the time.

I seriously have no idea why people buy elsewhere.

I know this isn't addressing the question at hand - but as an aside, I haven't questioned authenticity in the 2 years I've been buying from Czar.

Before I found Czar, I used to scrutinise EVERY box I received.... and always wondered if what I had was the real deal. It didn't matter how good the box, bands and cigars looked... my paranoia always had me wondering.

It has been a very refreshing 2 years not having to worry. I seriously don't even look at some of the boxes I receive because I know they are real and the best available at the time.

and with the new prices you can't find better authentic Cuban cigars ship online or offline

I would certainly second that comment Rob...

Yeah, I'm sick and tired of that paranoia too. I recently just put in my first order with Czar and am very excited to receive the package. Thanks a lot guys!

I agree 100% but my problem was I didn't discover this place until about 30 days later and 5 different orders from various other vendors to test them out

I am one of those anal people who check boxes, labels, etc and its nice now to have a comfort place where I dont have to worry anymore of that stuff and I can just concentrate on learning more about this CC facination :angry:

Home Sweet Home

Bart

I've got some at hand to compare - they look fine.

Unfortunately the ones i've had from my box 10 from 07 have all been pretty consistently flavourless - great construction, no flavour.

So i hope you get a better deal out of these!

• 1 month later...
Forum quote of the week - we have a winner!

"Dude, smoking a cigar fresh off the truck is like killing babies!"

Tampa, keep up the good work, your prize is in the mail.

quote of the week...try quote of the year! Although...I always have that urge when I first get my boxes to spark one up immediately. Don't look down on me for that.

Regarding Czar, I just ordered for the first time. I was very happy about the quality of the service and the cigars I received. It's worth it.

quote of the week...try quote of the year! Although...I always have that urge when I first get my boxes to spark one up immediately. Don't look down on me for that.

Regarding Czar, I just ordered for the first time. I was very happy about the quality of the service and the cigars I received. It's worth it.

I could not agree with you more...

• 3 weeks later...

I Totally agree Czars now gets the majority of my orders and that seems to be on the increase /the stress of buying online and off shore can sometimes be to much ,as well as dealing with the "wooden tops at customs " no offense Colt.

go on do yourselves a favor, you know you want to :huh:

Cheers Oz :party: