Celebration Cigar

Tonight I have a great reason to celebrate.

Although I won't be able to mark the occasion with a cigar for a few

nights. Yesterday my first born son arrived and he his healthy and beautiful.

I will likely celebrate with my smoking buddy who is also my

Father in law and a first time Grandpa himself. We will have a

Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios, a Vegas Robina Unicos, or a Bolivar Royal

Corona (which I received from the good folks at Czar this week).

We will pair it with some 25 year old Ron Zapaca which we have been saving for the occasion.

I would love to hear some stories of how some other FOH marked

some great occasions in their lives and the cigars they celebrated with.

I will post on mine as soon as I have it.

Thanks,

Garrett

Congrats on your first born son, may I suggest that you buy a box of cigars and set them back to smoke with your son on special days like Graduation from High School, College, Married, his first born, you know special days you want to spend with him. Get a box of something like Cohiba Siglo V's with the box date that is Sep 09 so that it matches when your son was born.

Congratulations! A special day indeed.

I love Tampa's idea... that would be a cool memento for the both of you on every special occasion in his life.

As for cigars that I celebrate with - I dont choose anything rare or anything uber expensive.... I choose something that I feel will complement the occasion. More often than not it will be an Upmann Sir Winston because they never let me down.

Congrats Garrett on your new addition. I really can't think of any one occasion, but when I've felt it is time for a special cigar and I have the time I'll usually select a Boli Coronas Gigantes, Trini Fundadores or perhaps a Partgas Lusi and it will depend on which I'm in the mood for.

Congrats on the addition! Tampa has the best idea... As far as celebration smokes go I've had anything from opus A's for my sons graduation from 8th grade or some nicely aged habanos for various celebrations. Welcome to the father club!

Congratulations, my friend. I, too, will be blessed this December or January with another son and hope to enjoy the one and only Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 that I purchased in LCDH in Tijuana, Mexico two years ago. Probably will burn it in my garage with some jazz and quiet reflection.

Tampa's idea is great---I may have to bite the bullet and purchase a special box for this purpose. Prez, what would you suggest? Upmann Sir Winnie, Lusi, Punch DC??

Congratulations! A special day indeed.

I love Tampa's idea... that would be a cool memento for the both of you on every special occasion in his life.

As for cigars that I celebrate with - I dont choose anything rare or anything uber expensive.... I choose something that I feel will complement the occasion. More often than not it will be an Upmann Sir Winston because they never let me down.

Sir Winston would be my choice as well. It's a great celebration cigar.

Congratulations to the new parents and a hearty welcome to the world,

to the new member of your family. I also think that Tampa's Idea is great.

I have no celebration cigar in mind, maybe because when you smoke a great Habano,

each and everytime, It will be a celebration. :hole: