Best recent regular production Piramide

Best recent Piramide  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In your opinion. What is the best recent regular production Piramide that is being released. By recent production I mean no older than 07.

Please keep your posts to pertain to 07 and newer Piramides.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply's.

Ken: I haven't been smoking Piramids like I used too either. I mostly smoke small RG's and when I smoke a bigger RG it's usually a Robusto. So I have been neglecting the Piramides. Very curious to see everyones comments and how this poll turns out.

Since the only recent Piramide I've tried is the Partagas, I voted for it. But I have to say that the single '08 I sampled was very tasty. Unfortunately, it was significantly underfilled.

It occurs to me that the Piramide wouldn't be easy to test on the draw machines, unless they haven't put the wrapper on yet. Does anyone know anything about this?

HUpmann 2 hands down since 08 have been strong and full of rich sweet flavor!! Most consistant out of all the cigars in this size range.If you don't try them fresh you will miss out as they are outstanding.

Again 08 have been much better than 06/07 much more flavor over all on a larger scale .

P2 's are over rated early 05 sucked but alot of the original blend crowd think not .LoL most are brain washed from listning to wanabe know it all's from other sites. I did like P2 from late 06 they were tasty but nothing to write home about.P2 08 would like to try them as they might just be good

as 08 was a great year over all.I really want to like them!!

Dip 2 were boring to me .

Monte 2 have not had any for sometime but when on they are very enjoyable.

VRU never had a great one that won me over other go nuts over them and I might have just had bad samples.Will try more in the future as these intrest me ..

Again these are my views and everyone has differant tastes.

Jimmy2, if I didn't know better, it would sound like you have set yourself up to be a brain washed wanabe know it all. Is your opinion the only one that is correct? LOL

BTW, The PSP2's have been Out****ing Standing from the 07/08, only someone with a palate of a billy goat would argue against that in my opinion. :hole:

Chuck I was not talking about you unless you think your are wanabe know it all ?

Again these are my views and everyone has differant tastes.

Upmann much much better.....08 that is...

Chuck send me one of your 08 outstanding P2's and i will send you one of my outstanding 08 HU #2 and we can do a review...

Also my palate has been tested and no billy goat here...

I voted for Dip2s because the two boxes I have from 2008 are wonderful. Very strong, spicy, rich, with a cinnamn/paprika kinda thing going on.

As far as the P2s, Jimmy c'mon, lighten up. "most are brain washed from listning to wanabe know it all's from other sites"? I have bought at least 1 box of P2s every year since they came out, and have sampled from 4 of my boxes of the original release. Each of the original release was between very good and extraordinary. No, not because someone told me they were or I read it somewhere, because they were rich, thick, Partagas goodness. Maybe you just got a bad box. It happens.

I concur that 2006 was decent for them, and the 2007 and 2008 tubos have been great.

Monte2s saw a dip for me in 2008. Loved 2006 and 2007 (very strong!), with a nod to the 2006.

Have always found Unicos bitter when young. Just my taste, I guess.

Upmanns are a staple for me. Haven't tried the 08s, but the 07s I have are very good. Not as powerful as the Montes but some real potential and enjoyable right now.

Chuck send me one of your 08 outstanding P2's and i will send you one of my outstanding 08 HU #2 and we can do a review...

I would like to see you guys swap smokes and do a review on this site. That would be cool.

Lot's of good info coming in. Keep it up guys :hole:

Greenpimp this has nothing to do with the P2 itself when i said (original blend) that ment people think they are always the best which is not true at all.But their are followers that think original blends are always the best because some people say it..just making a joke..

I had 2 boxes of the P2 (05) and they sucked thats my view on them. P2 08's i would almost bet they will be good as i have more faith in 2008 CC than 06/07 over all.But again their were some stand outs in those years like every year.

I want to love the P2 i really do until i try an 08 my views stay the same..

HU 2008 to present have been more consistant than any other brand overall just excellant... Dont forget RA !!

You people take this computer chat way to serious ...Take a deep breath everyone its going to be all right

Man Jimmy it takes so much more than comments on cigars to get me upset! No worries bro LOL.

I don't buy into the whole first run must be better dogma either but sometimes it's true and for my luck it was so there you go.

Love the RA Belis too wish I had bought more...

The MAR 08 P2's that I've been smoking are much nicer than the ENE 07's and 08 MC2's have been good (not as good as P2) but really need some time. I don't want to smoke more of them now. I'm thinking that both will be very good with age.

Have to try some HUpmann 2's.

All I know is I got a box of P2s from ENE 05 & that box is fantastic- much better than a later 05 box & singles I've had from 06-08. If I lstened to those on boards I'd be smoking D4s. :D

You people take this computer chat way to serious ...Take a deep breath everyone its going to be all right

It's more than "computer chat" - we're having conversations no different than if we were all together in the same room.

And in this case, you've basically called people who enjoy this cigar (and who's opinions differs from yours) brainwashed.

What kind of response would you expect? Do you think everyone will sit silently and simply agree with you?

The blunt truth is that you have a bad habit of expressing personal opinions as statements of fact, and when called on it,

trying to pass it off as joking. Think about it.

And yes, I am not without my faults, but I do my best to respect the opinions of members, regardless of whether I agree with them

or not.

Colt your way off base sorry you think of me that way .I think you need tissues like some others here stop your crying please..

As far as passing things off you are not going to bait me.As I know some of the cigar snobs would love to see me gone from here.