Best recent regular production Piramide

Best recent Piramide  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jimmy,

We have sharing several cigar boards for years now. I would hope that you would consider myself someone that values your opinion. As much as I hope that my opinion has some value to you and others within the cigar community. To my knowledge, not a single member of FOH has ever expressed themselves as an expert on Cuban cigars. Some peoples opinion may be more widely accepted than others, but that is for the individual members to decide.

I can say that I try very hard to express when I have an "Opinion" vs a statement of fact.

When I read your post, it read in my opinion as though only what you said is a fact and that everyone else was a "Brainwashed Wannabe" that didn't know jack about cigars. Because I know you, I knew that it was your opinion, but Jimmy we have over 3000 members and not everyone knows you, so could you please just add a couple of words to your posts that will clear all of this up; "In my Opinion" thats it, easy as pie, and that way you clearly state that your post is your opinion and not necessarily a statement of absolute fact.

Jimmy,

I also agree with you that the initial production is not always the best there is, I have seen and experienced where HSA has pushed "In my opinion" production to meet roll out quantities and the leaf was not yet ready to be rolled, take the Edmundo's, the initial release sucked, a year later, they got the blead right.

As i am an Admin on a forums non cigar related with over 500 members when someone we think is coming across the wrong way we send them a PM first.Than we will talk it out with the person and state what we think they did wrong and ask them to change the post.And make them see things from a different view as we do not all see things in the same way and others may take it a different way.

As an Admin i keep things to PM's and do not make things public ..

This is just so ridiculous i am done on this matter i just stated what i think not that its always right .I am far from a know it all and if some think other wise than so be it as i wont lose a wink of sleep over it.

Lets just move on...

I remember with the Monte E when the blend changed it was better and i stated to Van a ways back that i thought it had changed.And later down the road we found out it had for the better..

Also i will try the P2 08 as alot are chiming in on it and i will see if it can give the HU #2 a run for its money..

Gentlemen, gentlemen please!

As one being included in the category of outspoken, opinionated sons-of-*******, one of those guys who tends to be a bit polarizing might I add a little note here?

I think that it is easy to get rather casual and outspoken here as a matter of familiarity, fraternity and candor. I often do it myself... and for the record I sometimes regret it. Some of us are a bit too passionate and outspoken, myself included. Sometimes we put our collective feet in our collective mouths; I know I do from time to time and I believe I write rather proficiently.

I think that it should be kept in mind at all times that what we write are simply opinions; how could they be anything more? Every time we criticize a cigar we do in fact backhandedly criticize the likes of another. That is the nature of criticism. Additionally we all need to understand the animal. The Cuban cigar is a lycanthrope! One cigar is a tender lover, sweet and seductive. Yet a neighboring sibling from the same box is an adolescent pitiful on crack!

I believe one goes astray when one impugns another's tastes directly rather than just impugning an individual cigar. Friends will laugh and jab back, bystanders may think you are a prick. I find it better to notify those that you did not mean to be offensive to them and go on. It is that easy. The moderators are here to remind us of that. It is easy as a fraternal group to forget them and think that they are not here.

On the operational side, moderation is tough cookie. Mods must abstain from some hot topics for the sake of peace and greatly rein in their emotions and passions, at times ruining the fun and spontaneity for themselves, as they are always here, always on the job. Moderating amongst friends is a tough job. I think the Mods here are wonderful and do a fine job... granted, that is just my opinion. More than opinion however is that they are selfless and do their work for a thankless nothing. Moderating here is not overbearing or intrusive. So when a moderator finds something offensive and assumes it is pointed at him does he answer as a Moderator or reply as an offended friend? Each individual friend, Moderator or Moderator/friend will answer that question differently in different situations. Moderators at times, like policemen, need to be super-people! What we all need to understand is like us, they too have opinions and feelings. They too should have the latitude to express themselves.

So gentlemen may I suggest as one member to another that we shake hands and move on. After all, it is well accepted that you may prefer blonds, it is okay, you can say it, but calling your fiends wife's hair ugly will likely not get you invited to the next BBQ.

Cheers, my friends. -The Pig

FOH is built on the foundation that we all moderate. By that I mean that the interests of the FOH "culture" be put ahead of ones own particular bent on a subject. I am all for criticising a cigar when deserved but never for criticizing the people whao may actually enjoy that cigar.

"Friendship, Fraternity, Loyaly, laughter....no tossers and no wankers" is the Culture of FOH and it will ever be so. Moderators here predominantly cull spam and shillers. It is a rare day indeed where a mod has to edit anyone's post but should that occur the poster needs to re-assess if he has inadvertently breached the FOH code. If he/she feels that they have been roughly handled then drop me a PM and you know I will always come back to you quickly and impartially.

We have all witnessed train wrecks on other cigar and non cigar related forums. That will never happen here. The culture which we all as members enforce, simply does not permit it.

Very well put Prez. This is what makes FOH so unique among its peers...

FOH is built on the foundation that we all moderate. By that I mean that the interests of the FOH "culture" be put ahead of ones own particular bent on a subject. I am all for criticising a cigar when deserved but never for criticizing the people whao may actually enjoy that cigar.

"Friendship, Fraternity, Loyaly, laughter....no tossers and no wankers" is the Culture of FOH and it will ever be so. Moderators here predominantly cull spam and shillers. It is a rare day indeed where a mod has to edit anyone's post but should that occur the poster needs to re-assess if he has inadvertently breached the FOH code. If he/she feels that they have been roughly handled then drop me a PM and you know I will always come back to you quickly and impartially.

We have all witnessed train wrecks on other cigar and non cigar related forums. That will never happen here. The culture which we all as members enforce, simply does not permit it.

what!!!??!?!?! Can only assume not enough people have tried the Unicos. Wipes the floor with the other pretenders. :)

I completely agree! B)

The VR Unicos by far is one of my most favourites. The PSP2 and Dip 2's are also great but for myself, I always have the Unicos at hand. :rolleyes:

The box of MC2 that I am finishing is the most uneven box of cigars I have ever had. Some of them are just great and others almost tasteless. I have a box of SP2 resting up from their trip from Oz, they have never disapointed ne.

I completely agree! :wink2:

The VR Unicos by far is one of my most favourites. The PSP2 and Dip 2's are also great but for myself, I always have the Unicos at hand. ;)

Exactly! You'd have to be a slack-jawed inbred to not think so. In my opinion.

:rolleyes:

sorry...

Seriously though, I'm reassuring myself most people haven't got round to trying the unicos yet. Do it! With a bit of age they're outstanding. Range from 88-92 for me. I like a nice P2 or an Upmann 2 but different league. Can't wait to fire one up from the PSP box I ordered...

Tigger, would you mind giving a brief description of the Unicos flavor profile? I am not very familiar with VR's at all...

IMO, they have the most solid core tobacco taste of all of the Piramides, with some wood and dark chocolate/coffee. Strong, but not terribly spicy.

Others may have more/better to add.

I haven't had a Piramide that I've liked in a while... I ordered some Partagas P2 and Monte 2 (Prez select program). Hopefully they'll be kind.

I voted for the Unicos because I distinctly remember being absolutely blown away by a few aged examples. That inspired me to pick up a box and while still young these have the same pedigree of those great smokes I remember so well. IMO these are pure medium bodied with strong cocoa and chocolate notes but with an intoxicating floral perfume. These cigars almost force you to relax if you are wound up from a tough week. The P2's Ive had have been average to good but nothing amazing.