My Cuba trip

I just got back from another trip to Cuba last month for 15 days. Every year me and the wife to go visit her family and at the same time we catch up with old friends. Highlights of my trip was meeting up with Punch Joe and hanging out with him and his wonderful fiance Ingrid. My wife and I went over Jose's house for some great bbq steaks Jose cooked up. He's a great cook! I brought over some good California wine from Sonoma County. Seghesio Old Vine Zinfandel matched up with some good Hamlet cigars and Cohiba Sublimes. A few days later Jose and I went to San Luis to meet Alejandro Robaina and his grandson Hirochi. We spent 5 hours chatting about cigars, tobaco growing, and life. Robiana offered us some Chiliean wine and we smoked some good cigars Robaina gifted me. I learned lots from Don Robaina. I told him that meeting him was one of the highlights of my life. Here's some pics. I hope to go back in February for the festival. Jose is a great guy and me and him have known each other for a few years. A real classy guy with great stories and knowledge of tobaco that I absorbed like a sponge. Gracias mi amigo!

post-379-1252435977.jpg

post-379-1252436029.jpg

post-379-1252436048.jpg

post-379-1252436067.jpg

post-379-1252436085.jpg

post-379-1252436113.jpg

post-379-1252436130.jpg

post-379-1252436160.jpg

post-379-1252436237.jpg

post-379-1252436258.jpg

post-379-1252436294.jpg

post-379-1252436316.jpg

Awesome trip and awesome photos. I seriously envy you. What an experience of a lifetime. Congrats.

Well this was not my first trip, I have going to the island since 2001. It was the first time meeting Robaino in person for the first time though. I found Cuba these days much tighter meaning that there is shortages of food every where. You go to restaurants and you ask first "what do you have?" No milk is another item that is in shortage, so the governments gives real milk to children and adults get powdered milk if they can find it. Other than that I try to enjoy time with family and friends. And also I forgot to metion Cuba is so expensive compared to western standards. The Cubanomics I call it hahaha. I just know when your in Cuba expect the the craziness that comes along with being there. I just roll with the punches.

Well this was not my first trip, I have going to the island since 2001. It was the first time meeting Robaino in person for the first time though. I found Cuba these days much tighter meaning that there is shortages of food every where. You go to restaurants and you ask first "what do you have?" No milk is another item that is in shortage, so the governments gives real milk to children and adults get powdered milk if they can find it. Other than that I try to enjoy time with family and friends. And also I forgot to metion Cuba is so expensive compared to western standards. The Cubanomics I call it hahaha. I just know when your in Cuba expect the the craziness that comes along with being there. I just roll with the punches.

Thanks for your comments. Being someone who has always wanted to visit the ISOM, I found them very insightful.