I'm ABD and Feelin' Free!

Thought I'd share with my FOH mates...today I successfully defended my doctoral research proposal. I am officially ABD or "all but dissertation." It's been two long months of writing the proposal itself and then finally doing the oral defense today. After they grilled me for two hours, I got called back in and given the news. My advisor told me I killed 'em.

So, I got a big weight off my back and have a little breather. Feels good. Hope to smoke a few cigars for pleasure this weekend instead of just to stay awake.

Anyways, thanks for being patient with my mental absence.

Cheers!

Wilkey

Wilkey,

Congatulations friend!!!!!!! That is a great accomplishment and I'm sure you feel a deep sense of pride, AS YOU SHOULD!!!! Good luck with the rest of your journey......I'm certain you'll have no problems! ;)

Rob,

You're too kind!

This was a big milestone and I can say my family is as proud of me as I am relieved. My wife even bought Indian food for dinner. Mmmmmm, chili chicken kedhai.

Wilkey

Congratulations, Wilkey! I can imagine what you're feeling! :clap::violin: :violin:

I'm not well aquainted with your academic levels or the formalia but I'd like to learn about it. I'll PM you with my questions, though!