Montecristo Petit Edmundo

Someone asked about original release - well i've got half a box of 10 left and i can happily agree with KG and shrink - a hint of montecristo flavour here and there but on the whole strongleather/tannic but not particularly enjoyable. Nice to look at but that's it. I have little hope that the rest will age gracefully!

think faye dunnaway.

• 1 year later...
really interested in this review. have notes for one i'm intending (good intentions) to post. also thye full (edmundo) monty, as it were.

also staggered by the responses. to pre-empt myself, it started superbly with classic monte characters but for most it was simply awful. the full (edmundo) monty was another kettle of fish - absolutely superb. will get the reviews up asap.

Ken, I know you don't care for shorties, but this cigar will blow you away!

I have also been smoking PE's from a box of april 10, and I must say i've had 2 of the 10, the first one week after receiving it and my second a few weeks back, and I must say, both were very enjoyable, getting about 50 to 55 mins smoke time. the remaining 8 will be resting for a couple more months before I revisit them, But I must say i'm really enjoying the petit robusto format. I cant wait for the partagas serie D 5 to come out for reg production, i'll defenitly be purchasing a box of those.

Haven't smoked one of these since posting the original review. I found them too inconsistent.

Had one on Saturday night though. It was a really enjoyable cigar! I think my original review summed it up well. Having smoked a lot in the last couple of years, I took this PE's strength pretty well. Smoking time was under 1 hour.

The burn was razor-sharp the whole way, which was curious. The draw was also perfect, with enough resistence:air

91/100

• 1 year later...

Smoking s beautiful looking example of a PE now. Gorgeous oily wrapper but slightly too open draw. Agree with Bart's description, dry wood, coffee etc. Has hinted at being a good smoke here and there, but really isn't. Haven't had much luck with the Edmundos or their little brothers.