Does she or doesn't she?

Does your wife or girlfriend smoke cigars with you?  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our second date was Navy rum and cigars. I thought I was set.

Cigars went out the window with frequent sex; I guess it's one of those things they do to trick you into marriage :wacko:

I thought I was the only one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife drank litres of wine a day and smoked cigarettes and the occasional cigar for many years.

Tragically, aliens took over her body circa 1996 (coincidentally upon the arrival of my first child).

The current imposter (from a far flung planet called "wowser") is not amused with my business direction and personal antics.

I plan to keep the alien on its toes until I can find out what they have done to my real wife :surprised:

LOL. Only guys with kids can fully appreciate. That is not the woman I married.

• 4 months later...
The girlfriend I started seeing in 2004 didn't appreciate my cigar smoking and would cough, wrinkle her nose (cute in the beginning) and complain..... She is now (since February) my ex-girlfriend!

The new girlfriend and I enjoyed a Trini RE on Friday night and shared a Boli BF and San Crist Principe this evening. She also took a RASS back to her house a few weeks ago to smoke on her own. We also shared a Partagas D#5 Ed. Ltd 2008 about 2 weeks into the relationship.

Ex-girlfriend didn't like cigars. New girlfriend does like cigars.

Ex didn't. New does.

I think I see a pattern.

As the saying goes: If your wife doesn't like your cigar.....

Almost makes the fact that the ex is still living in a $500K house that is half mine seem like a good deal.... Almost!

had to be done, well played sir

My girlfriend encourages my hobby and is helpful with humidor issues (she has a science brain and has some exerience with fish tanks which seem to have the same level of care required to keeping correct temps, levels etc). She is also good at picking up aroma at cold but there is no chance of me getting her to have a puff!

Love the sound of these girlfriends getting stuck in to cigars

No, and that's fine by me. It's sort of my thing; a guy's time to enjoy something that's his and his alone. Not to say women can't smoke cigars or should be shunned for smoking them in any way, it's just that I see it as something that's for guys to relax with and enjoy by themselves or in the company of other guys.

Mine has had cigars in the past and given the right mood might partake in one.. but generally she would rather complain about it. I think she's happiest then.. :P

The story of my life, lol. She may smoke the occasional stogie, but yes, she would much rather guilt me for liking the leaf. :lookaround:

My wife will occasionally take a drag off of one that I'm smoking but I don't think she'd ever smoke an entire one herself. She wrinkles her nose up disapprovingly unless it's a Cuban but honestly she wouldn't know a cuban cigar from a rolled up smoldering herring... The only Cuban that she seems to like is my monte #4's. I had a RASS yesterday and she thought it was terrible (it had some burn issues but the flavor was *really* good) and she called my Choix supreme "stinky" and yelled at me for smoking in the garage while I was roasting coffee lol. More for me :)

My stepdaughter and a friend of hers (who smokes cigars with *her* dad) sat outside last night with me around the fire pit while I enjoyed my Sunday evening smoke and a cup of tea. They split one of my Fuente Hemingways between them and we all had a nice visit. My daughter is starting her job as a 911 dispatcher and I suspect I'm not going to have much time to visit with her from now on so I appreciated them sharing the evening with me.

-- Gary F.

My wife does not care to partake of my cigars; however, she unfortunately is a cigarette smoker who will come out and smoke with me when I am on the porch or patio. She does not bug me about my cigar smoking, which is nice, but I hate the smell of her cigarettes when I am enjoying an aromatic cigar.

• 2 months later...

I met my partner when we were both in Ajaccio, Corsica. One of the first things she said to me when we met was "would you like to share my cigar?" It was love at first sight!

I met my partner when we were both in Ajaccio, Corsica. One of the first things she said to me when we met was "would you like to share my cigar?" It was love at first sight!

You lucky dog...

Never smokes. Hates the smoke. Say they all stink, some worse than others. She says they make her choke and hates to be around them much at all. G'day and good buy I say as I head out the the smoking room for two hours of tv shows of my liking and quiet time. Love the wife but need my own space too.

She hates everything about cigars. It wasn’t this way at first, she actually like the aroma of a good cigar, but somehow that changed right after we got married. Go figure. ;)

• 2 months later...

Doesn't smoke, not even one puff. Doesn't complain much either.

But I like it. I like that cigars are sort of "man hobby" that excludes her and other women (friends etc.). Cigar time is either me time or man time with my man buddies. :P