Does she or doesn't she?

Does your wife or girlfriend smoke cigars with you?  

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In California, I would sneak in a cigar every once in awhile, and if the smell was on me when I came home, the wife would give me all kinds of grief. We moved to Colorado 3 yrs ago, and there I was standing in a foot of snow on Christmas eve, hiding behind the garage freezing and trying to enjoy a cigar. All the while looking up at my patio and that nice heater that stood dormant. That's when I grew a pair, and went on the patio in plain site of my wife and daughter (both cigar nazie's) and sure enough they came flying out to give me the 3rd degree. I stopped them before they said a word, pointed to the large pile of gifts under the tree, and said, " I am 45 yrs old and have never failed to provide for all of you, I ask nothing in return except that you leave me alone right now and let me enjoy this cigar" My Daughter began to wind up anyway and start the inquisition , when shockingly my wife looked at her and said, "Amanda shut up, your father deserves to be happy", and that was that. 15 days later, she bought me my first humidor for my birthday, and the rest as we say is history.

-fast forward to last night, the Wifey came over to the man cave and hung out with a glass of wine and a monte 4. Not a bad life at all!

I think Cigars saved our marriage ;c)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live in girlfriend gives me minimal grief. She previously disliked cigars having worked in a bar where the patrons smoked what I assume were cheap "heavy" oily NC cigars. First time I lit up around her she was surprised at how pleasant the smoke smelled. She enjoys smelling the different marcas and helping me choose what to smoke. She will also take at least one puff when I am smoking to try it out. I recently bought her one of the Cohiba mini tins so she could have some small cigars to have for herself. Last night we sat on the balcony with a few cocktails with a PSD4 and Cohiba mini for her. Said the PSd4 was much better, but the size of the mini was perfect for her as she just wants a "taste".

Will be interesting to see if this holds firm or changes over time. I am not naive enough to ignore that many have already posted that the g/f was ok with it, but the wife was not!

HsMunoz - Great story!