Happy Thanksgiving Boys!

Every year over the Thanksgiving week, Gary & Lynn "Curt" from San Diego fly to Florida to visit their family. This will be the 4th year that we have gotten together for a "Thanksgiving Cigar". This year several of us (typically around 12 of us) are getting together at Central Cigars in St Petersburg (Thats the Cigar Bar with the nice leather chairs we met at while you were here Rob).

If any of you are in the area on Tuesday 25 November (Tuesday before Thanksgiving) you are welcome to join us for Pre-Thanksgiving cigars starting around 7pm. LMK if you want more info.

No cigar bars here, but the Wife and I are preparing a feast with all the trimmings. I'll be on call that week, so unfortunately, I'll have to hold back on the drinking. The only Habano I have left is a Cohiba Siglo II that Spartan sent me. It's a bit young he says, so I'll have to settle with a South American Puro instead....not that I'm complaining, I've got a box of Ashton Puro Sols that need my attention. :D Happy Thanksgiving all!

Happy thanksgiving to all our boys in the USA!

Let us other members know what you are up to.....what you will be smoking, drinking, eating.

Enjoy! :D

I am off the entire week and do not return to work until the following Tuesday! Wife already had the turkey and fixings. I have to decide on some vino. I'll decide on what to smoke when the time arrives.

Planning on sitting around the house. Playing with the dogs and relaxing.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

This will be the second year that Mike ("Chicago") and his family will be joining us in Roswell, for an extended family Thanksgiving. My gal, Candy, will be here with her two teenagers, Mike and Beth will be here with their three kids, and family members from Boston will be here as well.

So, I'll have a house full of kids and dear friends.

Mike and I are also beginning what we hope will be a long-running tradition this year by holding "tryouts" for a special cigar we can smoke every year when we're all together. The finalists are:

• Monte A
  • Punch Churchill
  • HDM Double Corona
  • H. Upmann Sir Winston

Once we've picked the winner, we'll order a cab, and smoke from that cab only during Thanksgiving week. Can't wait!

Charles

Going to my sister's house (she's an excellent cook) for turkey dinner and watch some football. No smoking there except outside, and although the weather is forecast to be decent at 47F and partly sunny, I'll probably wait until I get home to light up. Nothing special, maybe a PSD4.

Well, I had to eat turkey 3 to 4 days a week every week I was at College so, this holiday doesn't hold out much excitement for me from a culinary perspective. 35 years later and I still don't find the stuff particularly celebratory.

A few years ago, my wife and I began a new tradition. We were living too far away from the kids to get together and, given my turkey phobia, we began with the traditional Thanksgiving venison. Since then, we've had the traditional Thankgiving pheasant, the traditional Thanksgiving tenderloin of buffalo (bison) and, this year will return to the traditional Thanksgiving lobster. Start off with some steamers and then the full shore dinner accompanied by a nice Pinot Grigio I think. We will then travel down to PA to see the kids on Friday.

As to a smoke, I have been arguing with myself about breaking out a CC for the occasion. I received my first sampler of CCs a while back and they will have been resting from their arduous journey from Czardom for 27 days by Thanksgiving. My argument takes the form of will three days really matter or should they rest more? Also which one should both cap the day and usher me into the world of CCs? My choices are: Boli RC, Cohiba Robusto, HDM Epicure #1, PSD4, RASS, Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme, Vegas Robaina Unicos and Monte#2.

My argument takes the form of will three days really matter or should they rest more? Also which one should both cap the day and usher me into the world of CCs? My choices are: Boli RC, Cohiba Robusto, HDM Epicure #1, PSD4, RASS, Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme, Vegas Robaina Unicos and Monte#2.

Go ahead and light em up. I say you smoke the RASS AND the PSD4, both smoke great young and I assume you probably received some early to mid maybe even late 07 stock.

Go ahead and light em up. I say you smoke the RASS AND the PSD4, both smoke great young and I assume you probably received some early to mid maybe even late 07 stock.

Thanks. I'm afraid I neglected to ask for the box code info when I ordered.

No traditions here and only one sister within 100 miles. I might go skiing, who knows. Haven't picked out what to smoke but there's plenty of options. I'm hoping to celebrate more than the holiday very soon.

We're trying something new for Thanksgiving this year. I heard about this thing called a Turducken (chicken, wrapped by duck, inside a Turkey- all boneless) and ordered one about 3 weeks ago. From what i've read and recently seen on a cooking show, it is a fantastic tasting bird.

I can't wait to cut into it

post-2634-1227281442.jpg

Thanks. I'm afraid I neglected to ask for the box code info when I ordered.

Steve, step it up. :lmao: These things are important. What if you absolutely fall in love with one of those cigars and want a box from the same code and date? Your f@$%&d. 3 days 3 shmayes, fire them up and enjoy the weekend. How's the Q? I went and saw the new Athletic Center. Wow that thing is amazing. I wanted to climb up onto the Bobcat out front and take a picture but there was a security guard there.

-Patrick

We're trying something new for Thanksgiving this year. I heard about this thing called a Turducken (chicken, wrapped by duck, inside a Turkey- all boneless) and ordered one about 3 weeks ago. From what i've read and recently seen on a cooking show, it is a fantastic tasting bird.

I can't wait to cut into it

post-2634-1227281442.jpg

Had that a few years ago and it was pretty amazing. Enjoy!!!

Had that a few years ago and it was pretty amazing. Enjoy!!!

Patrick,

All I can say is that I didn't know any better when I placed my first order. Won't make the same mistake again.

The Athletic Center is truly awesome and, I do not use that word with the seeming abandon of teenagers today. You should plan one of your trips back to coincide with hockey season. The rink is a great place to watch a game and, dinner and drinks in the Univ Club ain't bad either.

Enjoy your turducken. And, listen very carefully when you are finished. I'm told you can hear your arteries harden. No criticism - remember I'll be having lobster and drawn butter myself.

Cheers! and have a good holiday.

No traditions here and only one sister within 100 miles. I might go skiing, who knows. Haven't picked out what to smoke but there's plenty of options. I'm hoping to celebrate more than the holiday very soon.

Pray tell? Maybe you can catch me up tomorrow at the herf!

I used to have crawfish boils in California to bring a little New Orleans to the west coast. We would have amoung other things about 4-5 Turduckens. Actually, next time you should go full hog, as it were and get a Fowl de Cochon. It is like a Turducken accept it is a quail, inside of a chicken, inside of a duck, inside of a turkey, inside of a pig (with stuffin of your choice inside too). It is the most backwards-ass, cajon type recipe I know of. Smoked properly (it takes overnight,) these are incredible! They are about 2-3 times the size of a Turducken.

Enjoy! I wish we were having a Turducken this Thanksgiving. They are great.

Cheers,

DC

For Thanksgiving Day, I'm heading to my sisters house for a traditional Thanksgivings feast. She'll have a 25 pound Turkey that will be nice and juicy, mounds of mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, cranberrys, carrots, freshly baked golden brown rolls, greenbean salad, rich gravy, peas, Bing Cherry Salad, then we get to deserts! Pumpkin Pie, Mince Meat Pie, Pecan Pie, Sour Cream Cake, Amalgamation Cake, loads of sweet whipped cream. Followed by loads of laughter, family fun and Football.

All of this will be blessed with the following cigars:

Partagas Serie P No.2

Montecristo No.5

Cohiba Siglo IV

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Por Larranaga Petit Corona

Bolivar Corona Extra

Perhaps a few others as well.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

We are trying a Turducken this year for the first time too. Not sure how I feel about it, since I'm a Thanksgiving turkey traditionalist... but we will see.

Just my wife and myself, and our good friends Tom and Karri and my godson Little Tommy this year.

I've got some aged goodies lined up to smoke, and a bottle or two of port to wash them down with.

Hope everyone has a good holiday!

I will be at my Mother-In-Laws for most of the day so will have little time to actually relax and let my guard down until we get home later evening. Then, we will put the little girl down and I plan on an HDM DC from 03 and lots to drink (probably some Talisker and various reds) while I sit on the porch and count my many blessings!

Thank you. I have the week off, and am hoping to remain in a wine induced coma the whole time - though I fear chores will

deprive me of my goal....

I have achieved that goal consistently. Don't allow annoying interruptions (Lisa in my case) to throw you off.

Family heading to "Uncle Rays" for one heck of a traditional USA Thanksgiving Dinner. Best part is the Turkey necks slow cooked on the BBQ (Please do them that way again Uncle Ray!).

Hoping to sneek in a Siglo I after Turkey Time!