Defending the indefensible

I found myself involved in a fascinating discussion last night. I knew it was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time until my beloved fiancée dropped from a great height with the ol’ second hand smoke complaint. Not that second hand smoke had anything to do with it of course, we were just cranky about other crap.

So given that this topic is bound to rear its ugly head again (Susanna is nothing if not persistent), I thought I might throw it to you, my peers, is there a perfect argument to the accusation “You’re killing me with your smoke”?

Or I should I just leave home now before it’s too late?

I'm actually lucky, but after years of getting heat for cigars my wife actually enjoys the smell of second smoke. I finally finished training her to enjoy what I like. If your wondering how, then the power of male selective hearing is the key component to success.

I had a questions for you about Australian wood prices on your last Hang 10 humidor thread. I'm just wondering if you had seen it. I'm about to start building a pair of humidors. I came across two huge pieces of spanish cedar that will accomodate my designs

» I had a questions for you about Australian wood prices on your last Hang

» 10 humidor thread. I'm just wondering if you had seen it. I'm about to

» start building a pair of humidors. I came across two huge pieces of

» spanish cedar that will accomodate my designs

Sorry mate, I missed that. What was the question?

» So given that this topic is bound to rear its ugly head again (Susanna is nothing if not persistent), I thought I might throw it to you, my peers, is there a perfect argument to the accusation “You’re killing me with your smoke”?

That "perfect argument"... you're dreaming if you think you'll ever finding one for a woman with whom you have an emotional bond...

I tell my wife what my grandpa used to say... "cigar smoke is the sign of a happy man..." (he used to smoke his cigars wherever he damn pleased). Though my wife never complains about cigar smoke (she loves the smell of quality cigar smoke), she tends to get an asthma attack...

So, I am relegated to the front porch and have no hope of finding a "perfect argument"... Alain, I hope you fare better.

Damn....I like Suzanna....sorry to see her go :lol:

She needs counselling. I am back July 26 and will slot her in for some time on the couch for the following week.

We can ask questions while enjoying a cigar on the deck rocking chairs ;-)

» She needs counselling. I am back July 26 and will slot her in for some

» time on the couch for the following week.

You get Zana anywhere near your bloody couch and I'm going for the upper cut. (You know what I'm talking about).

My sympathies for your troubles mate. Well as I see it you have one of two choices. 1. You strap on you balls and show her who the boss is and smoke wherever you damn please. 2. You hand them over to her and take your stogies out to the yard.

One of those will work more to your favor, as to which one.....don't ask me I'm 8 years happily divorced. :waving:

Any how good luck.:-P

» is there a perfect argument to the accusation “You’re killing me with your smoke”?

According to an interview with a famous professor for pneumology, there are an approximate 100 studies on the effects of ETS. All conclude that there may be a 1 - 2% increase in cancer risk from ETS. To put this into perspective, the increase in risk by inhaling cigarettes is 2,000 - 80,000% depending on the amount smoked. Risk increase from car engines emissions is higher than the 1-2% as well.

After the recent smoking bans in Europe, I usually enjoy quoting the "study" the European bans are based on. A useless piece of junk called "Smoke Free Europe" according to which 5,000 people die from ETS every year in France alone. What they dont tell you is that the people who "died from ETS" were over 75 years of age and that the "conclusion" that they died from ETS is based on questionnaires. :lol2:

Nice work Claudius, now we're cooking!

I've read a recent WHO study on SHS and it is one of the singular most entertaining and creative pieces of crap I've seen in ages. It's the kind of marketing that the tobacco companies (justifibaly) got crucified for.

http://www.who.int/tobacco/resources/publi..._25June2007.pdf

It's worth googling around for some of their research material. Voodoo-scare tactics-science.

» You get Zana anywhere near your bloody couch and I'm going for the upper

» cut. (You know what I'm talking about).

:lol: Settle pettle.

Work out what the fight was really about, sort it out and move on.

As others have said, I dont have this problem because my wife mooches off me all the time. :-D

If she says you are killing her with the second hand smoke I think you should respond "I am worth it..." :rotfl:

Sorry mate, but you will find another to marry, this one sounds like she already has your nuts in a jar. Not the way to start a marriage IMHO. :lookaround:

Cigar Smoking is a Pre-Marital Asset and Condition upon which the future status of the joint venture is a requirement! :ok:

Guest Warren

Al mate , it just sounds like pre wedding jitters to me.

I don't know what to tell you , but I do know what to show you.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

postable.jpg

» I found myself involved in a fascinating discussion last night. I knew it

» was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time until my beloved fiancée

» dropped from a great height with the ol’ second hand smoke complaint.

Funny that you knew that this was going to happen. Look further into the future mate do approve of all the rest?

Not

» that second hand smoke had anything to do with it of course, we were just

» cranky about other crap.

Get used to it women always laod multiple items into the shotgun and you need to know that the fight is not about what it appears to be.

» Or I should I just leave home now before it’s too late?

It's already to late you called her you beloved.

I get the same crap but my wife says it "chokes her to death" and I reply that she is still taking so it is not an accurate statement. I tell her she is welcome to be elswhere when I smoke or move upwind. She gets chioces and so do I.

» I found myself involved in a fascinating discussion last night. I knew it

» was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time until my beloved fiancée

» dropped from a great height with the ol’ second hand smoke complaint. Not

» that second hand smoke had anything to do with it of course, we were just

» cranky about other crap.

»

» So given that this topic is bound to rear its ugly head again (Susanna is

» nothing if not persistent), I thought I might throw it to you, my peers,

» is there a perfect argument to the accusation “You’re killing me with your

» smoke”?

»

» Or I should I just leave home now before it’s too late?

Just start sobbing "You don't love me any more!"

» the accusation “You’re killing me with your smoke”?

BTW: there has only be 1 (one) person confirmed killed by ETS: a German bar owner. He died 3 months ago.

He committed suicide after they banned smoking in bars and restaurants in his state. All his customers were smokers or non smokers who didnt mind the smoke.