El Presidente Trip update 1

I jumped at the chance of ordering sheep testicles.

I admire your determination, but I don't think that these are going to be any more effective than the powdered Rhino horn, or dried Tiger penis.

Seriously, this sounds like a fabulous trip, and yet another example of Claudius' renowned hospitality. He is a true aristocrat.

Wow, what a great time! talk about setting the bar high for the rest of the hosts. Good work Claudius.

Beautiful pictures, Rob. Thank you for sharing the experience with us. BTW, have you figured out where you're staying in Chicago? Let me know if haven't found a place yet. I'll be at the Hilton O'Hare. Great IBM rate, so if you want, I can book you a room at the same rate.

Looks like a great time.

My wife and I loved Nice, drove down from Provence after Paris on la route Napoleon. (My wife was not prepared for that drive and we both had drunk far too much wine the night before LOL.)

Beautiful pictures and I am most jealous of the time you guys had. Wish I had been there.

I had an awesome weekend, and still am in awe of the hospitality shown by everyone, especially Claudius. Yes, Rob's accent really is a thick as you'd expect it to be.

I'm having a hard time typing on a normal QWERTY keyboard at work now (Claudius' laptop has a crazy euro/french AZERTY), although part of that may be from jet lag. When I get my internet connection at home fixed, I will post the photos that I took.

Guys, it was great meeting you all! :-)

Thanks for coming, glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks Greg for making the mojitos, they were fantastic! Now all you gotta do is replace the shotglass of rum with 2 shotglasses of rum and they'll be perfect! :-D Greg went on a cheese diet during his 5 days here! Goat cheese, raw cow milk cheese (not FDA approved, but he survived! LOL), camembert, taleggio, 1 day old mozzarella from Gino... all washed down with red Bandol and various Bordeaux.

Greg is a professional photographer, the pictures he took are amazing - cant wait to see them!

Thanks Prez for the superb leather cowboy hat although it is a bit small for my large head. Billy grabbed it from my car today! I tried the very beautiful Australian boomerang you brought. The one with the "guaranteed to come back" sticker. I threw it as per the instructions, it landed in a bush without coming back and I havent been able to find it since :-D

Rob walked into my house throwing a box of Tang Monarcas and a box of vintage RyJ Exhibition No 4 onto the couch table :surprised:

Thanks for saying that the 99 St. Estèphe was good when I served it to you. After I had a sip, I found it a bit acidic. Nose exhale confirmed cork. :-P You cant fool me! :-D

Kjell, thanks for remembering to bring the Vikingos; I hope you'll like the RASSGR. Thank you very much for the bottle of Portuguese wine in a wooden box; if you say it's good, I'm sure it is - you have shown excellent discernment and analysis during the tastings! :-)

Gino - what can I say - totally over the top! Wines, cigars, ERs that are not released yet that you got from Cuba, that superb fresh mozzarella you brought from the factory... and your lovely wife who helped in the kitchen! The only way this could have been better is if you had brought one of those beautiful, hand painted Amicigar ashtrays from your cigar club or if we had had a Cuban cigar roller there... oh wait, you did and we did! :-D