Accused of selling fake Siglo VI Tubos

» All ended well. Client graciously saw the error of his thought process.

Could it be different ? :-D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» » All ended well. Client graciously saw the error of his thought process.

»

»

» Could it be different ? :-D

maybe he mght've wanted something he could be more certain were real, and wanted to exchange his cigars... idk.

do you get many people questioning the integrity of cigars rob?

» do you get many people questioning the integrity of cigars rob?

2-3 times a year. Mostly band issues particularly the new Monte bands which still confuse people who refer to older reference material.

To be honest some of my best clients and friends these days are people who initially raised doubts on authenticity of a cigar. I normally just pick up the phone, call them and discuss the issues one by one. It normally is very easy to clear up.

Actually Stan e-mailed me yesterday and reminded me of years ago when he pulled me up on R&J Churchill bands. He always remembers the phone call. We have been good mates ever since and caught up in Las Vegas a few years back. I met his wife and young son.

It is very easy when you receive an e-mail like this one to say "Bugger off". You never know what you lose by doing so.

» It is very easy when you receive an e-mail like this one to say "Bugger

» off". You never know what you lose by doing so.

Amen to that. To my mind at least this was handled well by both sides. I didn't see any malice in what he did- the guy was just a little paranoid, especially if he was an american and using a new vendor for the first time.

He probably wasn't fully aware of the extreme lengths that Rob and everyone here goes to to ensure complete confidence and knowledge of his product, which would be commendable in any other industry but in this particular one is absolutely unique. I can imagine that if I was in Rob's position it would be pretty damn easy to get piqued when all this falls on deaf ears. So kudos that it has been sorted out civily on both sides.

We should also remember that actually this kind of suspicion and scrutiny of cigars is anot always misdirected as it was here- it also serves to keep scumbags and chancers out of the business

» » It is very easy when you receive an e-mail like this one to say "Bugger

» » off". You never know what you lose by doing so.

»

» Amen to that. To my mind at least this was handled well by both sides. I

» didn't see any malice in what he did- the guy was just a little paranoid,

» especially if he was an american and using a new vendor for the first

» time.

Northo, I agree with you in spirit, but for the sake of conversation.....

Regardless of what country this person is from, he was misdirected. First he was misdirected about

the box chevron. He then posted a question as to the chevron on a public forum, with a not too

subtle hint as to where the cigars were acquired from.

There, he was misdirected a second time with regards to the tubes. An email is sent, not asking,

but stating as fact that the cigars are illegitimate and that he won't "ruin your reputation", when

there have already been posts on an open forum.

I'd be willing to bet that if he'd simply, politely, asked the questions, and not posted openly, that

we'd have never heard a word about it. That's just my opininion, and hopefully, this is done with.

On a more personal note…

It has been awhile since I posted here. I have the usual excuses. I have been busy, my wife broke her leg… then her arm… dog ate my password, you know the drill. But beyond all the times that I wanted to drop in and say hi, to post on this or that; it is this time that I feel compelled to say a piece.

Now I am not without bias, you should know that up front. I like Rob and Lisa. Hell, I consider them family. That says a lot about how I feel.

Like many of you I have been around this game awhile. I don’t know how many times I have said, “trust in your vendor is everything.” I still believe it today. I started buying from Rob and Lisa as the result of being referred to them. I think at the time that was the only way that they would sell to you. I don’t think I have ever ordered from their site. I would simply contact Rob or Lisa, ask them about some cigars of interest, let them choose my cigars and rest assured that I got the best my money could buy. My faith and trust in them has not waned!

I can’t comment on a model of how to run an internet cigar business because I don’t do that for a living but working with friends, or friends of friends has always been a winning formula for me. Time and time again I have seen this happen with cigar retailers, a witch hunt based on ignorance, naiveté or just plain malice. Since Rob has opened up his business to more and more clients I figured that this was bound to happen sooner or later. It’s a ******* shame!

I have bought cigars from almost every corner of God’s green earth. Like many of you I own thousands of cigars. I am not and expert, I don’t lay claim to that title… but I have been around awhile and I have smoked a few cigars along the way. A ‘few’ cigars purchased from Rob have been in that mix. I have been around long enough to see the experts make mistakes; I’ve seen some really stupid people buying as well as selling cigars, I have noted a few people with mental problems, and others with devious motives or axes to grind. With that said I have no reservations about saying that Rob and Lisa are still the best people I know in the cigar business. As far as integrity goes they are some of the best people I know.

Tell me guys (and gals) how many times have we gone around this merry-go-round. On a personal note, this is why I stay away from public cigar bulletin boards. Give some idiot a means to publicly display his stupidity and the result is inevitable. The same goes for those who are simply destructive or disruptive. Leave the door open and wrong dogs will certainly come home; this is an axiom I live by.

How about the cigars? Anyone with better than asbestos for brains knows that the Cubans are famous for this kind of stuff. **** we have heard it all haven’t we? Does the cedar sheet have a crescent cut or a flat cut? Is the brooch made in Germany or Italy??? Does the velum curl in your hand??? Cuban ink does not bleed… Jesus!!! Enough is enough.

Buying a bogus cigar is bothersome and is even down right angering. But I have been doing this for a couple of decades now and I won’t bet my life on one cigars authenticity. AND I damn sure won’t raise a stink without smoking one!

For those of you who are not really sure; Rob and Lisa are good people. They are honest people. If by some act of the devil they were sold a bogus cigar (and I doubt this greatly) and they passed it along to you rest assured, they did it without intentional dishonesty and without forethought of wrong doing. These people inspect their cigars better than any retailer that I know. Beyond the cigars, the good service and their jovial personalities these are good, honest persons of high integrity. These are not only great people to buy cigars from but people you should be happy to include as your friends.

Cheers Rob and Lisa, long live the Cigar Czars! My name is Piggy… and I endorse this message!!! -LOL

Wow!

The best CV6 tubes have been from Czar....In fact my next order is going to be for the 15 tube box.....I have become a big fan of this smoke........

It Cuba you we tend to do things kind of different.......we say show up 8:00 AM we mean show up 10:00 AM..............

I have had nothing but the best service and quality from the Czar.

I saw the thread on CA, but didn't make the connection until later. I should have watched it more closely; I could have saved everyone some heartburn if I'd realized which vendor they were talking about, and set them right.

Rob - many thanks for posting this and allowing us to see and participate in the process...

» I have had nothing but the best service and quality from the Czar.

»

» I saw the thread on CA, but didn't make the connection until later. I

» should have watched it more closely; I could have saved everyone some

» heartburn if I'd realized which vendor they were talking about, and set

» them right.

»

» Rob - many thanks for posting this and allowing us to see and participate

» in the process...

Crazypoet,

Unfortunately, they wouldn't have believed you anyway. That's why I'm such a FoH fan because we actually talk about relevant and fun things here. Over there, it's flame war after flame war. I can't even remember the last time someone posted a review of one of their sticks there.

» Crazypoet,

»

» Unfortunately, they wouldn't have believed you anyway. That's why I'm

» such a FoH fan because we actually talk about relevant and fun things

» here. Over there, it's flame war after flame war. I can't even remember

» the last time someone posted a review of one of their sticks there.

That's one of the reasons I pretty much stay out of the CC forum.

The trading forum is a lot of fun, though... :-D

And, Asher - thanks for your comments on the thread. The poster that accused you was a bit out-of-line, particularly given that he never bothered to check your bone-fides before setting fingers to keyboard.

I was refered here several years ago and I have chosen to buy exclusively from Rob and Lisa. They have earned my business because of the service and quality that they provide. Thanks to them for everything. Enough said.

» » » It is very easy when you receive an e-mail like this one to say

» "Bugger

» » » off". You never know what you lose by doing so.

» »

» » Amen to that. To my mind at least this was handled well by both sides.

» I

» » didn't see any malice in what he did- the guy was just a little

» paranoid,

» » especially if he was an american and using a new vendor for the first

» » time.

»

» Northo, I agree with you in spirit, but for the sake of conversation.....

»

» Regardless of what country this person is from, he was misdirected. First

» he was misdirected about

» the box chevron. He then posted a question as to the chevron on a public

» forum, with a not too

» subtle hint as to where the cigars were acquired from.

»

» There, he was misdirected a second time with regards to the tubes. An

» email is sent, not asking,

» but stating as fact that the cigars are illegitimate and that he won't

» "ruin your reputation", when

» there have already been posts on an open forum.

»

» I'd be willing to bet that if he'd simply, politely, asked the questions,

» and not posted openly, that

» we'd have never heard a word about it. That's just my opininion, and

» hopefully, this is done with.

Absolutely Colt- he was very quick to jump on two pieces of what turned out to be misinformation, even after I told him that what he heard about the chevron was wrong (I am did64 on CA). But he did edit his post quickly so as not to drag czar's name through the mud, so I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Anyways good to see it's all sorted. And all this talk of siglo VIs has got me thinking... :-P

» I was refered here several years ago and I have chosen to buy exclusively

» from Rob and Lisa. They have earned my business because of the service

» and quality that they provide. Thanks to them for everything. Enough

» said.

Sounds familiar. . . It's been the better part of 10 years, and you couldn't ask for, or expect, comparable customer service anywhere in the world.

First starting out, made the typical bonehead choices and got personal e-mail from Rob (and later Lisa) pointing me in the right direction. Never once was it toward anything other than superior product, and never once was it with an eye toward the short dollar, shekel, dinar, clam shell, or whatever.

Simply stated, Rob & Lisa have gone out of their way to build the most reputable, friendliest, operation going, and they've more than earned my trust.

Oh, and this should all be prefaced with the qualifying statement, "If I were to actually buy and smoke cigars, this is what I'd have to say about that. . . "

• 4 months later...