The "NEW CIGAR-CZAR SITE"

Ok, first impressions are important right? My first impression of the pictures... CHEESY! Yes, I said "cheesy!" But after looking at several cigars, I realized something; these are actual pictures. Real pictures of real cigars! More importantly, the wine glass provides scale to the cigar. I like that... a lot! I can't count the number of cigar sites I have visited that showed a picture/drawing of the cigar with a metric scale underneath. While the scale gives me some idea of the size, it really doesn't help me that much. The wine glass does. Plus, the wine glass says, "Czar." That's Rob out on the deck, with a cigar and a glass of wine:yes:, while Lisa runs to the bank.:angry: I like that. (No Lisa, I don't like the fact that Rob takes a pleasure break while you are hard at work. :no: )

I love the idea of the "Notify me when price drops" bug. That is sweet. I don't recall seeing that feature anywhere. Neat idea.

I also like the idea of seeing the different humidors and accessories that are available for purchase. Wonderful.

Under the What's Coming Soon section, I found the following:

Whats Coming Soon

Plenty of new cigars on the horizon. Accessories (May 2007) 2002 Aged Releases (May 2007) Cohiba Maduro 5 series (July 2007) Por Larranaga Robusto Regional Release (August 2007)

The first thing that caught my eye was the missing apostrophe (Whats = What's). More importantly, I think you should list the items going down the page, like this:

Plenty of new cigars on the horizon

Accessories (May 2007)

2002 Aged Releases (May 2007)

Cohiba Maduro 5 series (July 2007)

Por Larranaga Robusto Regional Release (August 2007)

I think it is easier to read. JMO.

I think the New Cigar Czar Site is AWESOME! To use a baseball analogy, "The Czar Crew hit a home run!":clap: Kudos to everyone involved. I am happy to say that this is the reason Cigar Czar is my vendor of choice! :ok:

95/100

5/6 smoke rings

(Come on, I had to leave room for improvement! :-D )

Dare I ask...

Is the website design (and associated elements within) set in stone?

That is, if it is not set in stone, can us FoH plebs make constructive subjections that may improve the user experience? :lookaround:

Congratulations to y'all for the excellent result achieved after what must have been a helluva lotta work!!! :ok:

Everything looks great! I have to agree with Geneva about the glass. It's great to see scales and pics of ACTUAL examples of the cigars.

Its a great look and congrats to all those involved!

» » Site looks amazing guys. My hats off to you.

»

» Lovely!

»

» Well done, Team Czar. You've created one of the classiest looking

» storefronts I've seen in a long time.

»

» Wilkey

What he said :-)

I like the new site look.

Easy to select items, move around,, and Rob picks............

Very clean....all the selection on the left side...

The wine glass with Cigar on top to measure the size of the cigar.

Also the blocks break it out of the page, and call you eyes to it.

I have to take another look. Over all very classic look to the site.

Everything looks great and a lot easier to view. I am now stuck with the decision to order or not to order some Estupendos. I am trying to save up for an Aristocrat. Thanks!!

-Patrick

Great new look. Well done on the pics of the cigar with the wine glass. That totally helps out with the perspective of size.

The main thing that I see so far that is bothersome is clicking on the brand to have to click on the packaging then view the vitolas. I'd rather have it click on the brand and then the vitola. But, I'm kinda picky.

Haven't tried to log in yet but with my luck, that won't work either.

Good job on all the hard work guys. Looks great.

» » Site looks amazing guys. My hats off to you.

»

» Lovely!

»

» Well done, Team Czar. You've created one of the classiest looking

» storefronts I've seen in a long time.

»

» Wilkey

Definitely love the new storefront. Very easy on the eyes.

Thanks everyone!

There is still plenty of work to do on it and feel free to e-mail me any suggestions. Some can be taken on board and some can't with the major limitation being the cart itself.

Thanks Smithy for all your help getting the website live. Those photos and editing them.....were a royal pain in the arse (although we consumed 6 bottles of red doing so :lol:) We tried to have photo's which provided scale.

What we will be seeing shortly is:

Accessorier/Merchandise.

Up to date reviews with links from cigar reviews at cigar-czar to the latest reviews on the forum. Good bad and ugly.

If you have some ideas shoot me an e-mail [email protected]

» 1 thing is wrong that I dont if it has been pointed out but the pictures of

» the Punch Regional Releases box and single is actually the RA Estupendo.

Thanks for that. I will change it over first thing on Monday morning ;-)