Hamlet Custom

» Sounds excellent!

»

» Been a while since I have had the pleasure of smoking one of Hamlet's

» custom rolled cigars, yet the memory lives on.

»

» Thanks for sharing the review!

Me too...I think I am down to MAYBE 1 or 2 (if any). One of my favorite torcedors ever.

Nice review Rob!

BTW - What is the camera model that you use? You pics always look darn good to me.

~Mark

Wow back from a hard couple weeks vacation, I mean work, and already back to reviewing smokes, truly a man dedicated to his job. Great review as always Rob, I truly live vicariously through your reviews.

» Who's Hamlet? And excuse the ignorance if this is common knowledge, but

» then again, that's why we are here.

My apologies, I should have made it clearer.

Hamlet Paredes is one of Cuba's top three cigar rollers besides being a heavy drinking, fun loving, lying SOB. Hamlet started as a qualityassurance guy within the cigar factory and then reverted back to rolling. He has a great eye and sense for leaf and blend. He is the highest in his game (now level 9). He is a Master Roller and a legend in the making.

...don't tell him I wrote that he is a legend in the making...he will remind me every time I see him :no:

Never had a Hamlet, but the burn on Smithy's cigar looks perfect,and the construction is amazing. I surely hope I can try one of his creations one day. I know this is a noob questions, but how many levels are there? Rob mentioned Hamlet is at a level nine. Are there higher levels, and if so who has hit the highest? Awesome review as always by the way.

» (Screw Freud, eh? LOL)

I think Greenpimp is on to something........

"this beefy, loose-footed, churchill sized stick, glistening in the

the sun, reminded me of Hamlet - I couldn't wait to smoke it"

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

During my last visit didnt get a chance to meet up with him since he was in Canada. I did pick up some La China which were damn good also. I will be back in June and hope to hook up with him and get some of the Salamones he rolls.

» Never had a Hamlet, but the burn on Smithy's cigar looks perfect,and the

» construction is amazing. I surely hope I can try one of his creations one

» day. I know this is a noob questions, but how many levels are there? Rob

» mentioned Hamlet is at a level nine. Are there higher levels, and if so

» who has hit the highest? Awesome review as always by the way.

The levels have recently been changed. It is now level 5-9 with 9 being the highest. Don't ask me why they have changed....as no-one appears to know why :lol:

» Who's Hamlet? And excuse the ignorance if this is common knowledge, but

» then again, that's why we are here.

hamlet is one of the funniest blokes you could meet. a top bloke and he really is an amazing roller.

on one of my first visits to havana back whenever, i grabbed a heap of robustos he had just made (you don't want to know the price and anyway, rob would delete it immediately so he doesn't look so bad). the plan was to try one or two and put the rest away long term. needless to say, i had to go back for more before i left. those didn't last long either and with the greatest willpower, i have put the last couple away.

he actually much prefers rolling the bigger sizes, which are also his personal smoking favourites. he is a huge fan of lusi's. since that early trip, i have always endeavoured to pick up what i can so have a small stash, especially of his salomones (which make the cuaba's look like something a dog scratched up).

this trip, he has started to make don rodolfo's (double pyramides) and they are spectacular, but same old problem - keeping my hands off them (they are actually sitting next to me as i write as i cannot bring myself to send them off to storage, as much as they need it).

all of which makes the fact that rob lost 120 of hamlet's best, that we were to split, even more tragic.

best way to get any is to visit havana tho i realise that is hardly practical for many.