Hamlet Custom

Hamlet popped into our house in Havana late Friday evening looking for a little respite from the Habanos Festival. You have to love a mate who brings a bottle of rum and a half a dozen custom rolled which he whipped up that afternoon. I will post some photo's early next week.

Anyway, he pulled out the Custom rolled cigars of which I immediately named "uncircumcised". He gave me one of those "don't F##k with me Hamlet looks before entering into a tirade of abuse which I cannot print here....enough to say ....we get on well.

Cigar: Uncircumsided Churchill. I assume it is a Hamlet self portrait.

image2378.jpg

image2379.jpg

image2380.jpg

I handed one to Smithy yesterday and we both fired it up. One thing about Hamlet....the man can roll. Perfect construction a point which we both remarked time and time again through the smoking of this cigar. It never got hot...never spongy...perfect consistency.

image2381.jpg

Medium bodied. Chewy, Romeo y Juieta charred cherry with a Cohiba Pirimide 2006 nougat. Perfect draw, not agressive in any way, good white pepper spice through the nose but it was the sheer meatiness of the palate which impressed. If a cigar ever needed a knife and fork...this is it. Dense....and dank (that's for you Ken), mysterious, alluring...but not strong.

image2382.jpg

More black coffee into the second third. Real BBQ note. Smithy mentioned Ketchup which I will agree with because of the sweet and sour stewd fruit base. Aroma is pungeant, the smoke viscous.

image2383.jpg

I needed a Cuban rum for the last half and reached for the Caney. Great combination with this cigar although it would be a great combination for any. The balance of the cigar was perfect, a remarkable outcome given it was rolled a week ago and has travelled across the world since.

I nubbed it. A hell of a lot of love went into this cigar. Thankyou mi hermano :-)

image2384.jpg