Arturo Fuente - Hemingway

I had my first Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller cigar on the weekend and thought it was fantastic and really agreed with my palate. I was wondering if the other Hemingway cigars would have a similar flavor profile.  Any perspectives on this would be appreciated.

The Fuente short story is one of my favorites honestly. (Though admittedly I've tried not nearly as many NC as others.) I liked it enough to buy a box of 'em though. I heard they make a Maduro version as well, but I've never had that yet. 

• Like 4

Short story is a very good small figurado. Chateau Fuente is another good one, I have a box in the cabinet. Unlike Cubans, these cigars by the box are easy on the wallet.

• Like 1

Before I discovered the Cuban community, Fuente was my go. I love the Don Carlos line especially. The Short Story, Best Seller, and larger version which I can’t recall the name seemed to have the same flavor profile. It was much more about how long you wanted the smoke to last. Enjoy them. When in a cigar bar I always like to buy a few even if I’ve brought a few. I fall back on Fuente all the time. 

• Like 1

Well, Arturo Fuente declare the following on their website:

A FAMILY TRADITION SINCE 1912
Arturo Fuente cigars are consistently rated among the best cigars in the world. Our reputation for unsurpassed quality, with both flavor and construction, has amassed a loyal following among cigar connoisseurs.

In regard to consistency in their cigars in terms of flavour and construction and loyalty amongst cigar enthusiasts, you'd have to argue that they have a point.

@Bsonwine, are you thinking of the 'Between The Lines' vitola, which is the next cigar up from the Best Seller. The Work of Art is the next one after that in the Hemingway Series, in terms of size.

I would concur that the Short Story and Best Seller are similar in profile. Furthermore, I would opine that the Short Story would be the most popular vitola within the Hemingway Line.

Personally, ever since the rationalisation of Habanos cigar pricing in mid-2022, I've have enjoyed exploring other options in regard to supplementing my rotation. For me, the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Series certainly meets that need.

• Like 1

@Goldeneye All the Hemingway series are the same tobaccos (Cameroon wrapper, D.R. binder and fillers) just different vitolas consisting of the Short Story, Work of Art, Best Seller, Signature (skinny toro), Classic (Churchill), and Masterpiece (A).  You'll get some flavor variance based on the formats but subtle for the most part. They are all figurados, regardless of the vitola.

The Between the Lines is a seasonal release and is a barber pole (Cameroon and CT Broadleaf wrapper in a candy cane) and is same size as either the Best Seller or Work of Art. Usually these hit right around Christmas.

They make a Hemingway Maduro (CT Broadleaf wrapper) that is a seasonal / limited release and wonderful with a really rich leathery sweetness added to the flavor, with a little more body. That is made in all sizes but at random times. There is also a Hemingway Sun Grown series that adds some spice to the flavor and it fantastic as well, but also a seasonal / limited release and only in Signature and Classic.

As @Bsonwine stated, the Don Carlos line is also brilliant Cameroon wrapped cigar with a little more body / strength than the Hemingway series, and probably my favorite production line from Fuente. It is readily available in a number of  traditional vitolas besides a lancero, which is pretty much a unicorn.

• Like 2

All the Fuente Cameroon cigars deliver. 

• Like 3

This has been consistently one of my favorite lines. And I HIGHLY recommend getting the Maduro version. They are probably in my top 5 of all time cigars. There’s an incredible chocolate richness to those cigars.

If you like the Maduro Hemingway, I would then recommend trying the fuente Anejo. They’re a bit tougher to get ahold of and are seasonal but there are staple places online that carry them for a reasonable price.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies and your comments, very much appreciated. I have been looking for NC options for my regular rotation, as Cuban cigars are priced out of my personal comfort level and supply has become a real issue for me. Will try a few more cigars from the Hemingway line up and hopefully have found an viable option for a regular cigar. Thanks again, the comments were very helpful.

Most are figuarados so go with the size that is most appealing to you. They're good cigars.

16 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Perhaps my favorite of the line with a couple years down

Yeah my favourite of the Hemingway's alright. A bit weird but from the signature up I love the line. The shorter ones not a fan at all. I must be nuts. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2024 at 10:48 AM, Goldeneye said:

Thanks for the replies and your comments, very much appreciated. I have been looking for NC options for my regular rotation, as Cuban cigars are priced out of my personal comfort level and supply has become a real issue for me. Will try a few more cigars from the Hemingway line up and hopefully have found an viable option for a regular cigar. Thanks again, the comments were very helpful.

For something a little on the fuller flavor side try the Chateau Fuente Sungrown. They are cedar wrapped in a single layer 20 count box. Smoked one last weekend. They have a really long finish on the palate. A very long lasting short Robusto.

• Thanks 1