MoeFOH's Musician/Band/Song of the Day

Just a thread I'm going to add to daily (or thereabouts :D) with something from my collection, playlist or some sort of blast from the past etc... feel free to jump in and add to it, comment, whatnot... with whatever's doing it for you at the moment - all welcome! :thumbsup:

Send Lawyers Guns and Money!

I read his memoir. What a crazy story. He stepped on some toes along the way. In the end he cut an album on his deathbed. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

Send Lawyers Guns and Money!

I read his memoir. What a crazy story. He stepped on some toes along the way. In the end he cut an album on his deathbed. 

Went home with a waitress, the way I always do...How was I to know she was with the Russians to?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Best cover song ever? I can't think of another song where the artist took it somewhere else and improved upon the original so much. Regardless of that conversation, killer Hendrix.

it was pretty good to begin with, especially the budokan version. but the Hendrix version was not bad. 

not sure if it counts - can you do a cover of your own song? - but for me, springsteen's live version from Dublin of Blinded by the Light was the best cover version of any song, even if it was his song. so different that for me, it counts. springsteen's version of jimmy cliff's Trapped is another. cliff is just too bright and breezy for me. bruce has transformed it into a song of such depth and so different. 

as for the rest, huge fan of Zevon. had tickets for him for a concert on the coast which he tragically missed because he passed on. 

love diamonds and rust. had not realised anyone but baez had done it. 

• Like 3

Best cover song ever? I can't think of another song where the artist took it somewhere else and improved upon the original so much. Regardless of that conversation, killer Hendrix.

Gotta love Hendrix!

When I think of the best cover song ever, I also think of Nirvana's 'The Man Who Sold The World', maybe their best performance.

I really like 'One' by Johnny Cash too, far more than the original tbh...

• Like 1

All Along the Watchtower is indeed the best cover version of a song recorded. No-one even knows Bob Dylan's original version anymore (except die-hard Dylan fans).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohnS said:

All Along the Watchtower is indeed the best cover version of a song recorded. No-one even knows Bob Dylan's original version anymore (except die-hard Dylan fans).

Well I learnt it here and until then i thought 'The Man Who Sold The World' had no contender tbh 🤣🤣😂 

Both are genius' covers to me 👍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Li Bai said:

I also think of Nirvana's 'The Man Who Sold The World'

Great contender, too. Cobain's vocals - insane. And he didn't screw it up on guitar either. :D

Little bit of Chili Peppers wiith Slow Cheetah... I'm not the biggest fan, by any stretch, but occasionally I fixate on something of theirs... and I can't get this song out of my head at the moment. Very hypnotic. Great guitar track, too. 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 10:52 AM, MoeFOH said:

Been really digging ol' Warren (is that the least marketable name for a musician? 🤔) Zevon of late... Werewolves just such a great song, but so many others, too, of course...

Yeah love his stuff...lawyers guns and money puts a smile on my face every time. 

• Like 1

The stuff that pops up on Youtube! Lost gems. 

• Like 2