Kirby finishes his humidor

That humidor boasts the quality, craftsmanship and tradition that we have all come to admire from the legendary, Kirby Allison!

Vigilant does great work. The vault 2000 I have from them is a beautiful piece of furniture - even my wife is impressed by it. In this case, I believe Vigilant designed it and a local Dallas builder actually constructed it for KA.

• Thanks 1

This video actually made me kind of like the guy. I was waiting for the cigar stocking part and fully expecting every single box to be Cohiba -- a collection fitting of a true bellend. Lo and behold, only one box of Cohiba and a nice selection of other, regular stock! My estimation of this fellow has gone up by quite a few notches.

• Like 3

A love posh peoples connection with DIY, or renovations. 

"I built a walk in humidor" "I built a filtration system". 

I have mates like this. 

- How you doing dude?

- I'm f****g knackerd,  I've just re-slated, and lined the roof!!

- Wow!.....thats nuts, thats a pretty epic, I didn't know you had those skills in the locker?

- Well.....I mean........we got a contractor 

- Oh right.....so you helped?

- Well......not physically......

- So.....you....... paid them?

- .................er...............yes

- You're right that does sound tiring

The level of self-congratulation that some people give themselves is quite jaw dropping. As balance...good on him for 'buying' his dream humidor. We all have our dreams, but good on those that bring them into reality.

Personally, I would have gone nowhere near that spray insulation. It's still a relatively new product, and not something I would want ageing anywhere near my cigars. 

• Like 1

Good video. Nice walk-in. I do find him a bit cartoonish, but he does quality content if you can get over the persona he's adopted. The Uncle Roger of cigars?

• Haha 1

Doesn't matter, he'll move onto his next fad to milk his audience well before any spray insulation fumes will negatively affect his stock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll say this - there is a huge personal risk to becoming an ‘influencer’ in today’s social media world. You sort of look like a massive tool up until the point that you break through. Similar to struggling actors, no one envies them until they’re making $20m a year and living the good life - it’s actually pulling it off that makes it enviable. I’ll give Kirby credit that his risk seems to be paying off.

I think what’s tough for the average cigar smoker, is the pomp and in-love-with-himself vibe that he puts out. If I were to just listen to a recording of KA I’d probably like him more than I do when I see the whole charade. But like I said, if he pulls it off, kudos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chasy said:

You sort of look like a massive tool up until the point that you break through. Similar to struggling actors, no one envies them until they’re making $20m a year and living the good life - it’s actually pulling it off that makes it enviable. I’ll give Kirby credit that his risk seems to be paying off

I think there's a certain person like myself, maybe too old fashioned. I don't envy anyone who's business is being a craven grifter, a successful or non successful one. 

If I woke up everyday with the pressure of creating desperate attention seeking content. I think I'd last a couple of weeks before wanting to top myself.

But that's just me, for some money soothes all pain.

It’s amazing to me that there’s enough interest in what he does that he could(?) make a living at it.  Maybe he truly has a passion for creating the type of content that he does. And if the interested audience is big enough to profit from that, kudos. Not really any different than other media entertainment. If he’s truly the way he portrays himself, I can’t fault him. But he wouldn’t get an invite to V-casa 😜

I love the entertainment value I get reading what everyone here says about the guy. He has a family so kudos to him for being able to support them.

He's still a dilettante and a bellend 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• LordAnubis changed the title to Kirby finishes his humidor