Behike - Our take on the King of Cuban Cigars

Not sure I’d ever seen anyone talk about the lineup before, thank you for sharing. If I knew it was legit, I could easily talk myself into buying one. Fortunately, the chances of coming across said scenario is small. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! I totally can relate to the idea of choosing to purchase something expensive, such as this cigar to celebrate something really special. 

There is a trip, with some friends every year where we go camping and do choose to put money together so we can all enjoy.

I've yet to try a Behike, but I definitely wouldn't rule it out 👍 

• Like 1

Maybe a box of 52 would be nice if I had a big win at something.

"Airy" perfectly describes the only Rio Seco I've tried, I'm looking forward to trying the remaining ones but that first just felt a bit like I'd imagine smoking a toilet roll.

I tried them back when I could find a  box for $300, which was a lot for 10 cigars at the time. I didn’t like them enough then to buy a second box, so I’m certainly not buying now 😂 

After having had quite a bit of recent BHK in the last 2 years I'd agree with the opinion of a friend of mine: BHK is designed to taste "expensive" and not necessarily to be a great cigar.

I know that sounds like a contradiction of sorts but the best analogy I can come up with is that it's like a very high-age bottle of liquor. Smooth, refined and subtle but no real character. Not a light cigar by any means but they honestly taste to me like they use mostly volado and maybe a half leaf of seco. All of incredibly high quality--the "expensive" taste. But there's just so much you can do in terms of richness and flavor with even the finest volado. 

I recall BHK from 5+ years ago and I found them to be much richer and flavorful. Much more Cohiba-like. So maybe the approach has changed. All I ever remember people saying from 2010-2017 is how truly great BHK were. 

I actually find the same thing with the Trini 50th I've had. Honestly I'd probably take a really good Topes over a Trini 50th, same as I'd probably take a great Siglo VI or Lanceros over a BHK. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 3:31 AM, cnov said:

Maybe a box of 52 would be nice if I had a big win at something.

"Airy" perfectly describes the only Rio Seco I've tried, I'm looking forward to trying the remaining ones but that first just felt a bit like I'd imagine smoking a toilet roll.

This. Feels the same when I go through a CPE...

On 2/10/2024 at 10:51 PM, Chitmo said:

I tried them back when I could find a  box for $300, which was a lot for 10 cigars at the time. I didn’t like them enough then to buy a second box, so I’m certainly not buying now 😂 

It reminds me of a box of Cohiba Piramides Extra (ULA OCT 14) that I bought from our host in 2015 for $290 +$147 custom fees. Just like you, I thought it was a lot of money at the time for 10 cigars. The same box is $1370 CAD today !!! if only I had known at the time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jazzboypro said:

It reminds me of a box of Cohiba Piramides Extra (ULA OCT 14) that I bought from our host in 2015 for $290 +$147 custom fees. Just like you I thought it was a lot of money at the time for 10 cigars. The same box is $1370 CAD today !!! if only I had known at the time...

No point getting hung up and that stuff, you’d go crazy trying to predict what’s going to blow up. I have a few boxes here that are worth 10-15x what I paid and the way I look at that is I get to enjoy them for 15x less than someone else. I have a personal rule to not buy aged product and it keeps everything simple. 

4 minutes ago, Chitmo said:

No point getting hung up and that stuff, you’d go crazy trying to predict what’s going to blow up. I have a few boxes here that are worth 10-15x what I paid and the way I look at that is I get to enjoy them for 15x less than someone else. I have a personal rule to not buy aged product and it keeps everything simple. 

I still have the box, it's time to start smoking them.

3 hours ago, jazzboypro said:

I still have the box, it's time to start smoking them.

Can’t bring 'em with you, may as well burn them while you still can. I had a Cohiba Piramides Extra for the first time at a friend's wedding awhile back, it was lovely and fresh. I bet the ones you have a great. 

3 hours ago, Chitmo said:

Can’t bring 'em with you, may as well burn them while you still can. I had a Cohiba Piramides Extra for the first time at a friend's wedding awhile back, it was lovely and fresh. I bet the ones you have a great. 

I'm waiting for summer to arrive !! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jazzboypro said:

I'm waiting for summer to arrive !! 

Canada isn’t a great place to live if you smoke 😂 I’m lucky and have a heated garage my wife agreed to me putting an exhaust fan in. 

3 hours ago, Chitmo said:

Canada isn’t a great place to live if you smoke 😂 I’m lucky and have a heated garage my wife agreed to me putting an exhaust fan in. 

Canada isn't a great place to live if, like me, you are not a winter person lol. At least we have a few cigar lounges in Montreal.

1 hour ago, jazzboypro said:

Canada isn't a great place to live if, like me, you are not a winter person lol. At least we have a few cigar lounges in Montreal.

We have one in Halifax, the owners and patrons are both generally unreasonable and so is the price of membership so I just stay home and socialize on forums while I smoke 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chitmo said:

We have one in Halifax, the owners and patrons are both generally unreasonable and so is the price of membership so I just stay home and socialize on forums while I smoke 😂 

Our lounges are not too bad. You can bring your own cigars or buy from them. I always bring mine but I do buy a few drinks when I go.

Having only been smoking cigars for the past 3 and a half years now, I don't believe my palate is sophisticated enough to fully appreciate the very best and refined cigars.  With that in mind, and given the price of the Behikes, I'm unwilling to buy one even for a landmark special occasion.  There are already so many wonderful cigars to choose from for celebrating a landmark at well under a hundred dollars each that it would just be needless extravagance for me.

Only ever splurged out for a single 54 when they came out. Big aroma and billows of smoke and palate coating character from the hazy memory. Although it was young, I remember thinking the flavour profile was right for me - almost like they took a touch of Bolivar characteristics and added it to high end Cohiba with the unmistakable Cuban twang in a way. I thought they would be awesome in a year or so but they soon became too expensive and hard to find from memory. I think initially, some people weren't thinking they were worth the cost and not what they expected from Cohiba - that may have been because of the tinkering with the flavour profile. They were out of my price range but glad I got to try one. Doubt I would consider them now and personally I think they would probably be past their best if from 2010. Cheers. 

I'm not really interested in Behike and tbh I don't mind...

What if I smoked one and it was the real deal? What if everything I smoked after felt small and disappointing? I'm quite obsessive (like lots of cigar smokers, let's face it guys..) and probably wouldn't be able to smoke one every other year. (I have a 56 waiting for its fate in my humidor and I will smoke it one day.)

Same goes with Trinidad and Cohiba in general (on a different scale though), I smoked some and liked it but never really got on board with either.

I'm not the target and that's fine, my kids won't have to eat pasta and potatoes only for their whole childhood 😅

By the way, I've just come across the new price list for CCs in France and the Montecristo L'Esprit humidor is 36500 euros...

Behikes are not that expensive after all 😅😅

16 hours ago, Li Bai said:

Have you ever seen Behike 58s ?

Credit @qdg_tabaco on Instagram 

Interesting. With the Palma Real band this is going to some diplomat somewhere I assume?

I've been a fan since release.  Have a box of 52 and several 54/56. The bigger two are definitely my favourite. I find the 54 to have a bolder profile and the 56 is like a Champagne.  Very smooth, nuanced, yet flavourful.  I will NEVER buy another box given the pricing.  I'm stuck between smoke and enjoy or sell! Sell! Sell!  I think down the road I'll do a bit of both.

* NOTE: This is not an invitation to field offers.  I am not looking to sell them soon.

12 minutes ago, Puros Y Vino said:

Interesting.  With the Palma Real band this is going to some diplomat somewhere I assume?

That's what i assume too... Look at this one too 

IMG_20240216_080546.jpg.c97d1c2d48019c6841cee1c1272c3bdd.jpg

• Like 4