Cuban Factory Codes (2003 – Current) PDF

I compared this list to all of my boxes and found 3 codes not listed. I also did a forum search and was able to find other posts listing these codes for the same years, but unfortunately no references to the factory they were rolled in. Hope this helps.
AOM MAY 07 - RYJ PC (one other reference AOM MAY 07 - SLR Regio)
BTR NOV 09 - Monte Open Jr (one other reference BTR DIC 09 - JL2)
UME MAR 14 - RYJ MF (many UME codes listed spanning 13, 14 and 15)

AOM might be ADM Fomento, SS 2006 on Lizard's list. Almost all SLR has been rolled at SS factories for a long time.
The others I'm not sure. 

Very helpful, thank you both! I will investigate and add what I can to the next version.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I promised this document a long time ago in another thread and I finally found the time to finish it. The various source material we found was very difficult to read. I will continue to iterate on err

Version 1.3 is here with several corrections and a notable addition! UME - a very prominent code in 2014/2015 - has finally made its first appearance. Took me awhile to figure out which provincial fac

I haven’t gotten any concrete information yet, but I’m anticipating new codes will be coming in very soon. I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed after festival week. I’ll be in Havana in a few weeks

16 hours ago, avitus said:
Thanks a lot [mention=37421]LizardGizmo[/mention]! Very helpful!!
Just out of curiosity, why 2013 is not on the list?

HSA didn’t change most box codes in 2013 - only major change points are noted on the document.

I’m working on figuring out the other codes that have been mentioned. Will report back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, avitus said:

My HdM Grand Epicure box has UME | DIC 13 as well..

UME missing is an odd one. I recall seeing many boxes with that code. 

3 hours ago, LizardGizmo said:

HSA didn’t change box codes in 2013 - only change points are noted on the document.

Looks like there was at least one 2013 change. ELU listed as a 2014 change but was RMS in 2012. 

075db962ab8cf6c1a5da773d689dd8e068aa99a6

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LizardGizmo said:

I edited my comment to reflect that only 'major' change points are noted on the document. My suspicion is HSA was softer about changing codes at the same time back then and they rolled out more slowly across the island than they have in recent years (I.e. NOV 19, MAR 22, etc.) I also made some judgement calls to keep the document tidy and on one page. 

I am investigating missing codes.

...aren't you glad you started this George...... :lol3:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

USL has been corrected to USE and I have a USE OCT 08.

IMG_0276.jpeg.887582eeabec60ce2804133db4c503d0.jpeg

However, I noticed the GKI is still GKT.

IMG_1757.jpeg.7efd3d39e001928f8cb7c56c01f99354.jpeg

Really appreciate you doing this for all of us here at FOH. I will do what I can to contribute. Cheers!!!

• Like 4

I've been using it quite a lot for referencing. I used it on my last purchase Por Larranaga RE’s since I received an impeccable box of Monte Petite no.2’s LTO ‘21, I rolled the dice on RSG code to see if my theory was correct. So far 💯 

Thanks Gizmo!

• Like 2

On 10/20/2023 at 1:37 PM, LizardGizmo said:

Version 1.3 is here with several corrections and a notable addition! UME - a very prominent code in 2014/2015 - has finally made its first appearance. Took me awhile to figure out which provincial factory it originated in, but some very helpful folks in Cuba made it happen for us.

Please email me if you find any errors...! Thanks to those who helped by identifying errors and missing codes.

CUBAN CIGAR BOX CODES_v1.3.pd 490.34 kB · 88 downloads  

Yeah I'm referring to this ALL the time...Many thanks!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benson228 said:

I recently purchased a box of Montecristo Especial No. 2 from a local b&m who obtained their stock from PCC. This is the first time I see 2 alphabet factory code. Has anybody come across 2 alphabet factory code? 

I'm am not sure about authenticity of your box (others here can provide better inside there) but if it is authentic, it looks like a wonky stamp application missed the E from PTE.

On 10/29/2023 at 2:39 AM, Benson228 said:

I recently purchased a box of Montecristo Especial No. 2 from a local b&m who obtained their stock from PCC. This is the first time I see 2 alphabet factory code. Has anybody come across 2 alphabet factory code?

Could be missing the "E"

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...