Chatgpt detector

If in doubt, I suggest you use it:

https://www.makeuseof.com/openai-launches-ai-detector-counter-chatgpt/

OpenAI's automated AI-powered chatbot, ChatGPT, has taken the internet by storm, but not without creating a few issues on the way. With writers, coders, marketers, and seemingly everyone else in between using ChatGPT to generate content, companies worldwide are staring down a tsunami of AI-generated content.

With issues of plagiarism and stolen content constantly swirling around ChatGPT and its output, OpenAI has now released a new GPT-Classifier, a tool designed to detect and disclose whether the text you're reading was the work of ChatGPT or one of its other GPT tools.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminds me of this great battle of AI Holly: Name me a game. Queeg: Chess. Holly: It can be anything. Any game at all. Queeg: Chess. Holly: Draughts, poker, any game at all.

This thing is going to make people even more lazy and complacent. Didn't we just have a member(s) ask a question on this sub using this app? I find it disturbing that people have to start using this A

It can be a helpful tool, however, just like with a calculator, people will start using it as a crux.   As a former high school math teacher, I know this from teaching.  So many kids today do not

1 hour ago, ha_banos said:

Reminds me of this great battle of AI

Holly: Name me a game.

Queeg: Chess.

Holly: It can be anything. Any game at all.

Holly: Draughts, poker, any game at all.

Holly: Subbuteo, Snakes and Ladders, you name it.

Holly: Monopoly, maybe? I'll let you go first.

Queeg: *Chess*.

Red Dwarf Full Script Series 2 Episode 5 Queeg - Red Dwarf Quotes

I don’t know if you ever saw the video of when one of the first AI models beat the world champion of GO, but it’s striking. It’s worth paying attention too.

19 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

I don’t know if you ever saw the video of when one of the first AI models beat the world champion of GO, but it’s striking. It’s worth paying attention too.

No actually. There's a full movie though

Trailer:

Movie:

• Thanks 1

This thing is going to make people even more lazy and complacent. Didn't we just have a member(s) ask a question on this sub using this app? I find it disturbing that people have to start using this AI driven bot to formulate a question for them to ask on a cigar forum, or any other public forum for that matter. Is that what it's coming down to? People can't think for themselves or are too lazy to do so? I can see that there are benefits to this thing but common man, don't stop using your brains people....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dms99 said:

This thing is going to make people even more lazy and complacent. Didn't we just have a member(s) ask a question on this sub using this app? I find it disturbing that people have to start using this AI driven bot to formulate a question for them to ask on a cigar forum, or any other public forum for that matter. Is that what it's coming down to? People can't think for themselves or are too lazy to do so? I can see that there are benefits to this thing but common man, don't stop using your brains people....

Yep, that was me also. Couldn’t agree more.

1 minute ago, KnightsAnole said:

Yep, that was me also. Couldn’t agree more.

You! I knew it was you! But all jokes aside I was discussing this app with a family member on how we could possibly monetize it. He looked at it as a way of the future, while I'm a little more skeptical. I'm sure there are people out there who are much smarter than me that can find a way to use this tool to make them wealthy. I look at it as a way to make more people unemployed and some fields obsolete. If you can use this app to build you a fully functional e-commerce site then what is the purpose of coders, developers, DB admins, etc? I also know kids who were using it on school projects.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dms99 said:

You! I knew it was you! But all jokes aside I was discussing this app with a family member on how we could possibly monetize it. He looked at it as a way of the future, while I'm a little more skeptical. I'm sure there are people out there who are much smarter than me that can find a way to use this tool to make them wealthy. I look at it as a way to make more people unemployed and some fields obsolete. If you can use this app to build you a fully functional e-commerce site then what is the purpose of coders, developers, DB admins, etc? I also know kids who were using it on school projects.

Like I said in that post, this tech is not unlike seeing a phone or a calculator for the first time. We may doubt it, belittle it etc, but this will change the world in just a few years. People should not stick their head in the sand on this one.

My issue with this type of application is that it will just regurgitate conventional wisdom and belief--and therefore will stifle human creativity, problem solving and even debate.

That may be ok for educating up to the high school level--where the basics need to be mastered.

However many human mistakes are caused by failing to consider "out of the box" alternatives.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cairo said:

My issue with this type of application is that it will just regurgitate conventional wisdom and belief--and therefore will stifle human creativity, problem solving and even debate.

That may be ok for educating up to the high school level--where the basics need to be mastered.

However many human mistakes are caused by failing to consider "out of the box" alternatives.

So many issues can come with this, ones that we haven’t thought of yet and are certainly not prepared for. Jobs will be lost en-masse and -new ones will be created, buckle in. What we are seeing now is just a glimpse of what’s to come. Microsoft invested 10 billion in Chatgpt just a few days ago. Its estimated that this tech is compounding yearly at 10 times the rate of other technology.

Oddly enough I'm in the camp of thinking ChatGPT is a great tool.  A significant portion of the drivel posted on Reddit could be handled by ChatGPT instead since a large portion of the user base is either too lazy to use Google to find the answers for repeatedly asked questions, or lack a basic set of critical thinking skills.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

So many issues can come with this, ones that we haven’t thought of yet and are certainly not prepared for

Eventually in some iteration this will be true.

But--Amazon lost a fortune on Alexa--and learned a lot doing that.    Who knew that what we really wanted most of all was hands free weather updates.  😀

4 minutes ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Oddly enough I'm in the camp of thinking ChatGPT is a great tool.  A significant portion of the drivel posted on Reddit could be handled by ChatGPT instead since a large portion of the user base is either too lazy to use Google to find the answers for repeatedly asked questions, or lack a basic set of critical thinking skills.

To me it’s both, exciting and terrifying. It will make life easier in many ways and it will most likely cause many issues along the way. But, it’s inevitable so, might as well get out in front of it, embrace it, if that’s even possible.

58 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

Like I said in that post, this tech is not unlike seeing a phone or a calculator for the first time. We may doubt it, belittle it etc, but this will change the world in just a few years. People should not stick their head in the sand on this one.

It can be a helpful tool, however, just like with a calculator, people will start using it as a crux.  

As a former high school math teacher, I know this from teaching.  So many kids today do not learn their times tables like in years past, partly because it is easier for the grade school teachers to allow calculators to be used.  This may not seem like a big deal until you hit algebra, where not knowing your times tables up to 15 will greatly hinder your ability and make you work slow.  And don't get me started on fractions!

This I fear will have the same effect on basic grammar and writing skills that calculators had on basic math skills.  

Sure, if used properly it will be a great tool.  Most wont use it properly.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kitchen said:

It can be a helpful tool, however, just like with a calculator, people will start using it as a crux.  

As a former high school math teacher, I know this from teaching.  So many kids today do not learn their times tables like in years past, partly because it is easier for the grade school teachers to allow calculators to be used.  This may not seem like a big deal until you hit algebra, where not knowing your times tables up to 15 will greatly hinder your ability and make you work slow.  And don't get me started on fractions!

This I fear will have the same effect on basic grammar and writing skills that calculators had on basic math skills.  

Sure, if used properly it will be a great tool.  Most wont use it properly.  

That is probably one of the biggest issues we’re facing with the tech right now, as I see it. This could easily make people more stupid while the Ai compounds at astronomical rates.

edit- Kids today and going forward are going to have to want to become educated, not just want to get ahead. That is going to take a shift I’m not sure we’re ready for.

2 hours ago, ha_banos said:

No actually. There's a full movie though

That was a good movie, I hadn’t seen it before.

• Like 1

Glad , I think, I'm in an AI bot proof career/s. AI? Build me a complete Bldg. AI? Diagnose AND wrench on this engine. 

I say bot proof but what I mean is I'm not far from retiring ( retire, me? 😂 yea right. I'd die of boredom) so in theory it will not be " in my time".

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nevrknow said:

Glad , I think, I'm in an AI bot proof career/s. AI? Build me a complete Bldg. AI? Diagnose AND wrench on this engine. 

As a tangent: Did you see the YouTube video of the military HUD goggles for aircraft repair? Gives a visual overlay of the wiring system as you look at the bird / plane. That's the kind of stuff where I feel technology is leaps and bounds ahead making life easier.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

As a tangent: Did you see the YouTube video of the military HUD goggles for aircraft repair? Gives a visual overlay of the wiring system as you look at the bird / plane. That's the kind of stuff where I feel technology is leaps and bounds ahead making life easier.

No doubt, chatgpt is just what we’re seeing now. You watch some of the military applications and it’s way ahead of this, comparatively feeble, chatgpt. And that’s just from what’s publicly available. I shudder to think of the power of the US military’s AI. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

If it makes chasing down auto electrical gremlins down easy they'll make millions! Hate those gremlins!

• Like 1