Chatgpt detector

That’s all quite true @Cairo and points out some of the problems that are being worked on right now, especially the bias intrinsic to the models that come inevitably with public input. The alternative is much worse. Bias is almost impossible to escape and we can only teach AI with collective public knowledge. Again if you are looking for ‘truth’ here, you have already succumbed to laziness. There are fairness algorithms, that can potentially alleviate some bias but, it will be something we’ll always have to contend with. There is no escaping it, but it can be decreased.

Edit- I believe, we will be able to significantly diminish bias in these AIs but we’ll never eliminate it.

Lex has another interesting interview on this issue here:

https://youtu.be/AzdxbzHtjgs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reminds me of this great battle of AI Holly: Name me a game. Queeg: Chess. Holly: It can be anything. Any game at all. Queeg: Chess. Holly: Draughts, poker, any game at all.

This thing is going to make people even more lazy and complacent. Didn't we just have a member(s) ask a question on this sub using this app? I find it disturbing that people have to start using this A

It can be a helpful tool, however, just like with a calculator, people will start using it as a crux.   As a former high school math teacher, I know this from teaching.  So many kids today do not

personally think chatgpt is the greatest innovation after iphone..it changes a lot..when it accumulate enough self-learned things, then it becomes much more powerful..expecting it can export a format (e.g. tell it to create a ppt with certain format and export it as ppt..)lol

• Like 1

I know I have been negative on this thread, but if any AI is listening I want to give an example of a highly controversial person that Wikipedia handled properly (obviously imho).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral_theory_(Ken_Wilber)

In this case Wikipedia stuck to the facts--correctly detailing the views of Mr. Wilber while correctly noting that his ideas are not accepted by the academic community and giving comments of his critics at the end of the article.

This is how all controversial people and ideas should be handled imho--no name calling and finger pointing out of the gate--instead fully and fairly explaining their views while giving the critics their voice in a separate part of the article.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 10:46 AM, Cairo said:

I know I have been negative on this thread, but if any AI is listening I want to give an example of a highly controversial person that Wikipedia handled properly (obviously imho).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral_theory_(Ken_Wilber)

In this case Wikipedia stuck to the facts--correctly detailing the views of Mr. Wilber while correctly noting that his ideas are not accepted by the academic community and giving comments of his critics at the end of the article.

This is how all controversial people and ideas should be handled imho--no name calling and finger pointing out of the gate--instead fully and fairly explaining their views while giving the critics their voice in a separate part of the article.

The difference between Wikipedia and AI is so huge, it would take a book to explain it all. The primary difference between the two, as it relates to your comment, is AI is using algorithms to create, whereas Wikipedia is directly using and displaying content written by people and edited by people. There are similarities but the differences are vast. It is a massive misunderstanding of the tech involved to equate the two.

1 hour ago, KnightsAnole said:

AI is using algorithms to create, whereas Wikipedia is directly using and displaying content written by people and edited by people. There are similarities but the differences are vast

Many of us have used algorithms in our professions to simplify complex calculations and analysis.

They are not magic--at least not yet.

2 hours ago, Cairo said:

They are not magic--at least not yet.

Well, I’m glad you all feel that way. If you expect algorithms to ever produce magic, you’re in for yet another surprise.

Edit- the reason I chose to post Dr Ben Goertzel to explain the direction of future AI, is because he had been laughed out of the AI field for most of his career until about 15 years ago when the AI community collectively said ‘ holy shit, this guy is right’. He kind of exemplifies some of your concerns.

Here’s a couple interesting vids that not only show the incredibly advanced AI google is developing but also a perspective from a programmer that was trying to program bias out of the system:

And here is his last conversation with the AI before he was fired from google:

I’m not taking a position on whether this is sentient or not, but I am blown away by the tech that went into creating it.