Video Review - H Upmann Noella - Jar 2019

MoeFOH

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Almost pulled the trigger on a jar today but I just can't at that price

I was contemplating buying some from a friend who graciously offered to sell me a jar today at a fair price. The Jar was cool, not as cool as the porcelain ones, but still pretty cool.  I was seriously considering purchasing the cigars despite knowing nothing about the smokes and never having even smelled one.

This review has me downshifting fast and trail breaking.  I will have to give some serious thought to the purchase.

The good thing is that K & R actually shared their honest opinions on the smokes.  I appreciate the bad with the good and hearing both lends immense credibility the FOH endeavor. Plus, it helps educate noobs like myself.

I'd still like to have one of those jars.  Maybe fill it with jam or cigar bands or something. 

16 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

I was contemplating buying some from a friend who graciously offered to sell me a jar today at a fair price. The Jar was cool, not as cool as the porcelain ones, but still pretty cool.  I was seriously considering purchasing the cigars despite knowing nothing about the smokes and never having even smelled one.

This review has me downshifting fast and trail breaking.  I will have to give some serious thought to the purchase.

The good thing is that K & R actually shared their honest opinions on the smokes.  I appreciate the bad with the good and hearing both lends immense credibility the FOH endeavor. Plus, it helps educate noobs like myself.

I'd still like to have one of those jars.  Maybe fill it with jam or cigar bands or something. 

I wouldn't hesitate. Excellent sticks if you have patience as they age very very well. I now use my empty jar for singles...not jam lol

@Ken Gargett I'm genuinely starting to worry about your standards!?.......A whole 14 minutes of cigar review where Rob is for some unknown reason is wearing a pair of safety glasses, and you don't give him even a slight sledge on the matter.   I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the whole FOH community (minus Rob) to say I'm thoroughly disappointed in you. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, 99call said:

@Ken Gargett I'm genuinely starting to worry about your standards!?.......A whole 14 minutes of cigar review where Rob is for some unknown reason is wearing a pair of safety glasses, and you don't give him even a slight sledge on the matter.   I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the whole FOH community (minus Rob) to say I'm thoroughly disappointed in you. 

Meanwhile, Rob is upset with when Ken lights his cigar 100% of the time. Its always too early or too late, Ken just can't find that Goldilocks zone. Hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Excellent sticks if you have patience as they age v

ARRRGG...I have so many CC's that I'm waiting patienty to smoke! Can a 10 year old MC 2 really be that much better than 4 year old one?  I DON'T KNOW, and there's only way for me to find out. The only things I ever see patient people doing are 1) waiting, and 2) smoking great cigars.  Patience, it would seem, is good for at least 1 thing.

@shokao see KCC's thoughts.

36 minutes ago, Lamboinee said:

ARRRGG...I have so many CC's that I'm waiting patienty to smoke! Can a 10 year old MC 2 really be that much better than 4 year old one?  I DON'T KNOW, and there's only way for me to find out. The only things I ever see patient people doing are 1) waiting, and 2) smoking great cigars.  Patience, it would seem, is good for at least 1 thing.

@shokao see KCC's thoughts.

I don't think I'm prepared to age a cigar for 12 years :neutral:

5 hours ago, shokao said:

I don't think I'm prepared to age a cigar for 12 years :neutral:

It's a damn shame. Before HSA decided their bundles of dried leaves where the most valuable thing in the word, you didn't have to make a decisions. For years, I would just buy two boxes. One to forget and one to smoke through now/soon to gauge the progress. You need major $$ to do that today. 

• Like 1

With age they are great. I’ve had a number of jars over the years and the current one I’m smoking from is 2015. I’ve only had two so far but each has been 95 points.