MoeFOH's Album of the Week... Week #23

MoeFOH's Album of the Week 🎶

Same as the movie thread, each week we're going to spotlight an album... be it a classic, new release, hidden gem, or outright turd... and open it for discussion: i.e. post up your favourite tracks, clips, lyrics, experiences if you saw live, etc... or dive deeper and give us a critique on why you think it's great, overrated, or a complete train wreck... And finally score it for us... :looking: 

All contributors go into a monthly prize draw for a 3-cigar sampler! :cigar:

PM me with suggestions if there's an album you want to nominate for next week's discussion. :thumbsup:

Week #23: Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears is the second studio album by the British rock band Cream. It was released in November 1967 and went on to reach No. 5 on the UK Albums Chart and No. 1 on the Swedish and Finnish charts. The album was also No. 1 for two weeks on the Australian album chart and was listed as the No. 1 album of 1968 by Cash Box in the year-end album chart in the United States. The album is considered by critics as one of the greatest albums of all time. The album features the singles "Strange Brew" and "Sunshine of Your Love", as well as their respective B-sides "Tales of Brave Ulysses" and "SWLABR".

Over to you...

Who's a fan? How highly do you rate this album?

Thoughts, memories, experiences, favourite tracks...? 

Post em up!

Score it out of 10!

:perfect10:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Love this album. What could I add? Eric Clapton's 'woman tone' on his Gibson SG. Just magic!

Totally agree John. The warm ‘woman tone’ on his SG known as “The Fool” was magic.

I still have the original LP… nearly worn out now from so much playing. One of my top five albums of all time, and EC remains as one of my favourite guitarists of all time. 

You nailed it with this ‘pick of the week’ @MoeFOH!

• Like 1

Wow. this is a big record for me. as a bass player Jack opened up my mind to playing lines that not only support the rhythm section but add counter melodies. and the dude sang completely seperate vocal melodies at the same time (crazy). The writing was great. The record sounds great. Hall of fame record in Rock music 12/10 :)

• Like 1

One of the greatest bands from that time right before Zeppelin took off, and just as influential I believe. This album has been a favorite of mine for around 25 years, and Ginger Baker is one of my top four drummers. Huge influence! Tales of Brave Ulysses is probably my favorite song on it. I’m a home brewer, and at one time I was naming all my beer recipes after songs on THIS album. Most names I didn’t change, although a few I did. I was especially proud of an IPA I still brew, which I call Ale of Brave Ulysses 😝😉

10!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4