RASS dress box vs cabinet

Both formats taste very similar to me from a smoking perspective but damn the 50 cab looks so much better to the eye. 😍🔥💜

• Like 1

Maybe I’m splitting hairs. I just find that I use a draw poker more on box pressed RASS vs cabinet RASS. I also find the sheen is brighter, generally, on cabinet wrappers. But it makes no difference on flavor. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OrangePaw said:

Both formats taste very similar to me from a smoking perspective but damn the 50 cab looks so much better to the eye. 😍🔥💜

Not with an $800 price tag. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I don't think that these days there is any difference. Both excellent in general. 

I have thought about this from time to time. I noticed back in the day the boxes used to be made with one piece of solid cedar wood, so I can sort of imagine how unvarnished vs varnished vs dress boxes may possibly differ in how they transfer/hold humidity. Nowadays they all are made with cedar ply, so each box has a multiple layers of glue acting as a sort of seal, resulting in very little difference between each packaging type other than how the actual cigars are bundled together or stacked.  

• Like 1

I smoke both, I prefer cabs. But is more aesthetics related and not getting around the box pressed cigars fully than anything else. 

• Like 1