Deep Dive: Bolivar Royal Corona

El Presidente

Bolivar Royal Corona   

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bolivar Royal Corona 

The BRC of 20/21/22 has been back to it's best. 

There are plenty of members who say that they can't relate to Bolivar and there is nothing wrong with that. Still the Bolivar Belicoso Fino and Bolivar Petit Corona are very different animals to the Bolivar Royal Corona. 

This is a cigar that has been "on fire" in recent times.....excuse the pun :D

Let's talk Bolivar Royal Corona 

• Do you like  Bolivar Royal Corona 
  • Where does it stand compared to other similar cigars. 
  • Have you noticed a blend/flavour/body change over the years? If so, approximately when?
  • How long does it take you to smoke a Bolivar Royal Corona?
  • Do the poll!

Bolivar Royal Corona! :cigar:

CLICK HERE FOR OTHER DEEP DIVES 

Coming from someone who's favorite cigar was BRC pre-2000 this cigar has really wandered into la-la land. It's a cocoa-powder dusted lightweight. No heart or soul.

I see 66% think this is a rich cigar...the BPC must blow their heads off let alone a Petit Edmundo. Although I guess there are some that think the RyJ Wide Churchills and Mag 50 are rich. 

Of course with the caveat I haven't had one from 2020+. I probably should have picked a few singles up in Cuba. I will next time just to make sure it hasn't had some kind of sudden rebirth. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

my favorite smoke ca. 2006-2015, then i got a poison batch & it just put me off 

tried a couple recent boxes and would agree with NSX, "It's a cocoa-powder dusted lightweight. No heart or soul."

• Like 1

Right now it is the most in demand Robusto on FOH. From the numbers you can see why. 

I paid it little attention before 2020/21. I would have smoked any other Robusto before picking up a BRC.

39 minutes ago, cigaraholic said:

What cigar isn’t a ______ ______ lightweight this century compared to the 20th century?

I'm comparing it to today, not pre-2000 which was obviously a different era. The RyJ Prince of Wales would have been "solid medium" today. 

9 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Right now it is the most in demand Robusto on FOH. From the numbers you can see why. 

I paid it little attention before 2020/21. I would have smoked any other Robusto before picking up a BRC.

I would think RASS and PSD4 would out sell BRC.

Not a fan, I feel like they use sub-par leaf on these. PSD4 blows this out of the water complexity wise, hell even RASS does. Haven't smoked these long enough to notice a power change- most other cigars have gotten softer, so you'd expect the same here.

• Like 1

Ive always had better luck with these in the Tubos, the last two dress boxes I smoked through didnt leave me wanting more. But, I do like them and I do "get them". It sounds like they share terrible inconsistencies with the rest of the RP lineup, but I like them when they're on.  

Liked the last batch better then recent Epi 2 but still not touching the D4 or RASS. Not better than  JL2. 

• Like 1

I used to love these, but have had the same issue with a downgrade in strength and richness the last set of years. They used to be pretty great, more in line with the BBF in body.

What they've done to the Bolivar marca is a shame. Starting with the elimination of the Inmensos, but that's another bitch session.

• Like 1

So I have enjoyed the RC I've smoked but definitely enjoy the more full bodied BBF.

The RC reminds me of a more delicate Padron 3000 Maduro. Both have lots of cocoa and earth, but the RC's I've had were a bit anemic and lacking in body for the price. 

*Edit* reading other responses, I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is my first post on a "deep dive"