Your favorite Non-Cubans

On 6/1/2023 at 10:30 AM, Glass Half Full said:

To the earlier point about price, and with the exception of Nudies, these days it's hard to find a $9 cigar with as much flavor as Tatuaje, in my opinion.  

The Southern Draw company has several selections in their line that I find very enjoyable — medium strength and full of flavor throughout the profile. In particular, the Southern Draw “Firethorn” line has a Lancero that may be in the top 5 and the other vitolas are good too. MSRP is $212 for a box of 20 but it can be found for nearly half that price.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

aaand the box came in just as I was typing up the reply.  Here's a few shots of this d'Crossier box:

This arrived today thanks to you guys. Excited to try these!

Illusione Epernay and Oliva Melanio

7 minutes ago, MossybackR said:

The Southern Draw company has several selections in their line that I find very enjoyable — medium strength and full of flavor throughout the profile. In particular, the Southern Draw “Firethorn” line has a Lancero that may be in the top 5 and the other vitolas are good too. MSRP is $212 for a box of 20 but it can be found for nearly half that price.

I bought a 5er of Desert Rose Lonsdales several months ago and they were decent. A buddy smoked their Firethorne Lancero yesterday and really liked it. Southern Draw apparently has a lot of good sticks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

rne Lancero yesterday and really liked it. Southern Draw apparently has a lot of good sticks

They do. The “Desert Rose” is an offshoot of the “Rose of Sharon” line (not sure of the specifics). I think the Rose line is better appreciated in a larger format. I’ve liked all vitolas in the “Firethorn” line.

8 minutes ago, MossybackR said:

They do. The “Desert Rose” is an offshoot of the “Rose of Sharon” line (not sure of the specifics). I think the Rose line is better appreciated in a larger format. I’ve liked all vitolas in the “Firethorn” line.

Yes-He likes the Rose of Sharon Toro. He knows how I feel about 95% of NC but said he thinks I would like them. Said flavorful and has complexity not seen in NC. Not much harsh pepper.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:20 AM, patrickamory said:

What are your favorite brands / sticks with Honduran tobacco? Speaking from ignorance and eager to get suggestions. Thanks!

The Flor de Selva line from Maya Selva is excellent. Light bodied but plenty of flavour. My fave with champagne or sparkling.

• Like 1

I've stopped buying Cubans awhile ago for personal reasons, however, even if I didn't, I'm priced out of the game now. I'm excited for the desnudos, I have some resting.

For NC's here is my list that I really enjoy:

Oscar Valladares 2012, Connecticut and barber pole (in fact, much of his stuff is good)

Illusione, especially, epernay, Haut 10, Le Grande Classe, Fume D'Amor, Singulare Origen

Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust Brulee Blue and MI Querida

Liga Privada No.9

Warped Cloud Hopper No.53, El Oso Blanco

Fuente Casa Cuba Divine Inspiration 

There are others that I like but are definitely a bit more punchy, like the EPC Pledge, Padron Family Reserve 50 natural, Opus X(I like the leather from time to time).

• Like 4

The rose of Sharon lancero is a great stick. Creamy, medium body, not your typical Connecticut wrapped stick.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

b6ef5df8cc0e43058683de58420ef005.jpg

Continuing down my Honduran journey, had the Aladino Maduro last night and was VERY pleasantly surprised. This is like a Padron anniversary without the pepper or strength. There’s tons of flavor and an added, almost “fudgy-ness” to the flavor and absolutely no strength.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • JohnS changed the title to Your favorite Non-Cubans

Have to say Vega Fina hit the mark for me yesterday. Smoked the 1998 VF54 (bought it in June last year and left it in the humidor for a year and a bit). 

For me all the flavours you get from the RA Gigantes in a sweeter format mixed with what I got from the LFD Andalusian Bull. I'll be grabbing a couple of boxes. 

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

• Like 3

I tend to buy a number of individual sticks - especially smoking in a shop or lounge where I’m not a member. My desktop is full of My Father, Tatuaje and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk