Top level security for your humidor

Bolt it to the table that's bolted to the floor? Or buy one of Stefan's actual bank vault humidors

I am guessing this is to stop you're kid or their friends from stealing a cigar. But yeah won't stop your whole box from being carried away.

Also if there lock is anything like the ones they use on gun safes it's likely to fail on you. Only the really high end ones are any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Unless I'm mistaken, but that key looks like a PC security lock aka a tubular lock. Those were notoriously easy to pick, as the pins are exposed. All you needed was a pair of needle nose pliers to turn the the centre, and then a bent needle to poke in the pins.

Or you could just use a shim and pry open the lid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellot00tr said:

Get one of these.

Many years ago we had a break-in (turned out to be some local kid freaked out on drugs).    We live way out in the country and often don't even lock the doors.

The wannabe burglar had a close encounter of the nasty kind with our chow chow--the kid probably ran out of there within thirty seconds, took nothing of real value.

At first we didn't realize anything had happened--until we noticed one pillowcase and a couple of pieces of fake jewelry were missing.   I guess the kid was not interested in cigars.  ?

17 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Unless I'm mistaken, but that key looks like a PC security lock aka a tubular lock. Those were notoriously easy to pick, as the pins are exposed. All you needed was a pair of needle nose pliers to turn the the centre, and then a bent needle to poke in the pins.

Or you could just use a shim and pry open the lid.

Bic pen tubes work wonders on those locks too.