La Casa Del Habano prices

Hey FOH,
Im heading down to Tijuana this week and they have a LCDH location there. What kind of prices should i be expecting down there?  Hoping to buy some fundies or trini reyes.
There is a 60% tax on tobacco in Mexico. But there are some good deals even with that. I didn't see Fundadores or Reyes last time I was there, but they had QdO, some EL 2019 at competitive prices.

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Chrisv said:

Hey FOH,

Im heading down to Tijuana this week and they have a LCDH location there. What kind of prices should i be expecting down there?  Hoping to buy some fundies or trini reyes.

Mexican prices are terrible. High tobacco taxes. 

Best bet is singles. He's got some Punch Dukes there. Edmundo Dantes Belis are up to $45. Half a box of LGC Britanicas left on the upper shelf for $30. I believe there are some Trini Robustos Extras singles left in the lower right corner for $40. I think there's some Party Capitols for around $60/tin which isn't that bad. Some Culebras. There might still be one or two Mag 56s left for $45. 

No 19 ELs. HU Propios are gone. Carlos Fernandez is in the Cancun store but he's usually sending up some customs so there might be one or two of his if you ask.

That's about it. Not the best selection there. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 12:08 PM, Chrisv said:

Thanks guys, I ended up grabbing a siglo VI, esplendido, H Uppman conni B, and a La trova.  all of them sticks Ive always wanted to try.  @NSXCIGAR  Im in san diego as well, we might need to meet up for a smoke some time.

I’m also in San Diego let’s make something happen 

I was at the LCDH in TJ a month ago, employees are great. If you pay in cash they will knock a bit off the price. I paid about 2 1/2 times what I would in Cuba. And I brought back sticks to the usa , customs don't care, only concern was where I was and ask what I am returning with. I told them cigars, no problem

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 1:26 PM, Monocle said:

How much are the CF customs there now?

$10 each as always. Not much of a bundle discount. He cranks out a ton of Piramides which are ok. Usually a fair amount of Robustos Extra, Sublimes and Topes size no pigtail last week. 

Definitely try a single first. They're not for everyone. Carlos tends to lay off the ligero. The times he's made something for me I have to tell him to go nuts with ligero, then he starts whining that he needs 52+ RG for that much ligero, I tell him just do it, he gets closer, back and forth we go. 

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

$10 each as always. Not much of a bundle discount. He cranks out a ton of Piramides which are ok. Usually a fair amount of Robustos Extra, Sublimes and Topes size no pigtail last week. 

Definitely try a single first. They're not for everyone. Carlos tends to lay off the ligero. The times he's made something for me I have to tell him to go nuts with ligero, then he starts whining that he needs 52+ RG for that much ligero, I tell him just do it, he gets closer, back and forth we go. 

I had him roll Conde 109 with extra ligero a few years back. Sent one to a seasoned club member who couldnt finish it due to strength. I waited 60 days to smoke one. Pretty strong and tasty. I think all they have right now are Robusto's according to Moises. 

9 hours ago, KCCubano said:

I had him roll Conde 109 with extra ligero a few years back. Sent one to a seasoned club member who couldnt finish it due to strength. I waited 60 days to smoke one. Pretty strong and tasty. I think all they have right now are Robusto's according to Moises. 

He's all over the place. I recall I've had the 109s a few years ago and it wasn't too bad--maybe because he did use some extra ligero. Been awhile since he had them. He'll do Campanas and Robustos that are light as can be, and then he makes these bizarre short Salomones that look like giant Cuaba Divinos and uses way too much ligero and charges $20 for them. 

Once, I kept telling him to make something stronger. Every attempt was coming up short. He started thinking I was insane. I stopped asking him as I could see he was getting frustrated. I think part of the problem is that he doesn't smoke cigars. He really doesn't understand blending and flavors. And he also doesn't really like to deviate from what he knows. He's not very creative or responsive. He pretty much knows how to substitute a half leaf of ligero for seco once in a while and that's about it. 

4 hours ago, KCCubano said:

I recently inquired to see if he would have any Dalia's anytime soon but sounds like he is just rolling Robusto's for now. I have never talked to him directly. Just have gone thru Moises. 

He might be doing Robustos this week. Last week it was Piramides (as always) and Topes-size that started out good but got bland at the half. (I tend to avoid the customs but I can't turn down a freebie). You'd definitely need to request Dalias, Laguito No. 1, 109s and Julieta 2s as he tends to avoid those unless asked or a bundle is ordered. 

Moises seems like a good dude although I’ve never met him in person.  I’ve had two CF bundles several years back that were amazing and the follow up bundles were not nearly rolled as well or as flavor filled.

17 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

He might be doing Robustos this week. Last week it was Piramides (as always) and Topes-size that started out good but got bland at the half. (I tend to avoid the customs but I can't turn down a freebie). You'd definitely need to request Dalias, Laguito No. 1, 109s and Julieta 2s as he tends to avoid those unless asked or a bundle is ordered. 

He said he only has Cohiba Robusto blend for the moment and Piramides coming soon. I asked for Dalia's with extra ligero!

1 minute ago, KCCubano said:

He said he only has Cohiba Robusto blend for the moment and Piramides coming soon. I asked for Dalia's with extra ligero!

How much are they asking for a bundle these days?