Ceramic Cigar Jars Mark 60 Years of Asia-Cuba Relations

27 minutes ago, LLC said:

According to the comment Sara left after the article, she isn’t a fan of them emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is definitely not a fan lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

Doubt we will get enough for 2424. We have a waiting list as of a few months ago when they were first unveiled. 

How does one get on that waiting list? 

I normally don't take waiting lists but 6-7 members put their hands up in August. I wasn't even aware of the release. 

If I receive more I will put them on 2424.  Let's see how many we get first. PCC are big on keeping jars for their home HK market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been eyeing the Pacific Cigar 20th  Anniversary Jars that have come up on the BR auction site. Seems like it would be tough call on to smoke them or save them.. 

9 minutes ago, Fezztone said:

I've been eyeing the Pacific Cigar 20th  Anniversary Jars that have come up on the BR auction site. Seems like it would be tough call on to smoke them or save them.. 

The ashtray on those PCC 20th's are a work of art. 

.....you have to like dragons however :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Christ, we have new meaning to chasing the dragon. uh oh...

6 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

Do I understand correctly that this release has no warranty seals and was released independently by the distributor?

Not sure about the former (haven't seen one) but in relation to the latter, PCC is part owned by HSA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Do I understand correctly that this release has no warranty seals and was released independently by the distributor?

Not unusual if it is. Lots of distributors do their own thing, particularly 5th Ave and Tabacalera. Diadema did jars for both La Escepcion releases. 

Not unusual if it is. Lots of distributors do their own thing, particularly 5th Ave and Tabacalera. Diadema did jars for both La Escepcion releases. 

What matters here is whether it is a special release from Habanos S. A., a release from a distributor owned by HSA, or a distributor independent of HSA. This is important for determining the item collection value.

Now there is a heated discussion about how legal it is to release a collectible jar by repacking stock cigars in a jar by a distributor that does not belong to HSA.

1 hour ago, nKostyan said:

Now there is a heated discussion about how legal it is to release a collectible jar by repacking stock cigars in a jar by a distributor that does not belong to HSA.

It would be a brave distributor operation not to have written permission (and a financial arrangement). You are not a distributor long without stock. 

Of course there are  shenanigans that happen in our favourite stores in Havana. Routinely,there are the inevitable rushed trips to central America or short "holidays away" until arrangements are made and everyone is chummy again :D

2 hours ago, nKostyan said:

What matters here is whether it is a special release from Habanos S. A., a release from a distributor owned by HSA, or a distributor independent of HSA. This is important for determining the item collection value.

Repackaged and rebanded standard production. There can’t be any warranty seals.

As we learn, there’s a waiting list to be ripped off :devil2:, so whether it is collectible (read: worth the price) is solely determined by the market. And the market is crazy as it appears...

• Like 1

In terms of desirability, the sliding scale would be:

P1 Jar - exclusive vitola only available in the jars

20th Anniv PCC Jar - 12 regular robustos + 8 PCC ERs (QDO and PL, quite sought after in themselves)

These ones - bog standard robustos/edmundos. You don't even get a box code.  But hey, refills readily available.

And with no distinctive cigars needed, watch for jars at great prices on a Chinese e-retail site near you!  Jingdezhen is not the capital of ceramics for nothin'

6 hours ago, El Presidente said:

What's wrong with dragons? Especially if you're born in '64, '76, '88 etc.... :D

19 hours ago, Fugu said:

Repackaged and rebanded standard production. There can’t be any warranty seals.

As we learn, there’s a waiting list to be ripped off :devil2:, so whether it is collectible (read: worth the price) is solely determined by the market. And the market is crazy as it appears...

Everybody wants something thats LE. It can be cigars, alcohol, candy clothes etc.
And prices are sky high. Also stockmarket has gone crazy.