Raching humidor

Lunettesman

4 hours ago, SevyG said:

Thanks - isn't the cabinet setup for the humidity to fluctuate, or at least that is how I read the marketing material.  the bottom drawer is for smoking now, top is for prepping to smoke, and middle is for storage/aging, so the middle would have the most humidity, then the top, then the bottom with the least humidity.  Cant comment on the back though....thanks for the info.  if thetas the case I may rethink the purchase and go with the Redford...and wait till they ship in July....really don't like that it isn't Spanish cedar lined but Wevs

Anyone on here ever hear of Bulldog cigar cabinets, out of China?  I'm thinking they are a derivation of Raching

Maybe, that could explain it..there is a drawer in the bottom and that’s what I thought they were referring to as “ wake up area” ? Could be wrong though

ive sent a video to the sales lady and she didn’t say it was normal and told me to unload boxes from the humidor and I guess if it was she would’ve said it’s ok ?

I hope you don’t take my experience as a guide of what you should expect, this is my first humidor and I’m definitely not an expert, so many positive reviews on Raching done by people who are much more informed than me and that’s why I hesitated to share my own experience 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought the large cigar fridge MON3800A from Raching’s precision line in May 2019. Top of the range and about USD 2,200. Connects to WiFi and controllable from your WeChat account, including a graph

So guys. I ended up winning the auction and got the C230A new for a very good price. I'll make a deeper review after a few months of using it. A few observations from the get go: - well packed an

Fan of the Raching so far but only 1` week in. Holds approx 64 boxes here. The temp and humidity are consistent. The display is about *+2 on humidity but temp is spot on. It took 8 days to ship to me

18 hours ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Maybe, that could explain it..there is a drawer in the bottom and that’s what I thought they were referring to as “ wake up area” ? Could be wrong though

ive sent a video to the sales lady and she didn’t say it was normal and told me to unload boxes from the humidor and I guess if it was she would’ve said it’s ok ?

I hope you don’t take my experience as a guide of what you should expect, this is my first humidor and I’m definitely not an expert, so many positive reviews on Raching done by people who are much more informed than me and that’s why I hesitated to share my own experience 

appreciate the info...where did you find the reviews, just on here or elsewhere I would love to read them.  My understanding is that the wakeup area is for getting it ready to smoke, so I would assume that means less humidity since most folks like to smoke CCs at 63% or thereabouts and age at like 66-70.  My problem now is how do I get the unit from Port Newark NJ to my home :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 4:55 PM, Lunettesman said:

So guys. I ended up winning the auction and got the C230A new for a very good price. I'll make a deeper review after a few months of using it. A few observations from the get go:

- well packed and we'll protected. 

- heavy and robust. 

- finitions look amazing. 

- smell is heaven. 

- easy to install. 

Feel free to ask me question if needed in the meantime. 

That's how the beast look like.

It seems that this beast was bought before 2019. 😁  As this model has been upgraded in 2019, and it will be upgraded again in the mid of this year. 😄

On 3/16/2021 at 4:53 AM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Hey, I was not offered the ammonia removal feature I’m afraid I won’t be of much help in that regard 

my feedback would be slightly mixed unfortunately. The humidity fluctuates and I’ve noticed it’s not keeping the same level of humidity on the top and lower shelves( especially in the back area) as the desired settings. So I’m running it in a bit higher than what I like ( 68%) so the hygrometer reading in the back wouldn’t drop below 63%. 

Ive got in touch with the sales lady, she was helpful and guided me to reduce the number of cigar boxes in order for the air to flow easily but that didn’t help much. I stopped trying to solve the problem and just accepted it to be honest 

Overall to be honest I’ve used it for 3 months and the cigars are in good condition I was just hoping humidity would be even throughout the humidor 

on your last question I have not used the walk up area so can’t comment there 

Hi Sir,  if the inside humidity difference of MON humidor is up to 5% , that is abnormal. 

1. Could you pls send me a video of your humidor? My whatsapp is +8613632669253. I will send it to our engineer for checking.

2. What brand of the hygrothermograph do you use? Is it digital or mechanical? Normally speaking, the digital hygrometer is more precise. But it still depends on its humidifty measurement accuracy, this info normally be shown on the user manual of your hygrometer. The most precise of hygrometer in the market is ±2%, not as accuracy as those sensors which MON humidor used (±1%). So if 5% difference, we need to check if it is the problem of the humidor or the hygrometer.

3. Where do you put the hygrothermograph in the cabinet? Can you send us a photo ? 

Below  photo is a best cigar placement way ---- Trapezoidal stack types. Place the cigar boxes in this way can ensure the best air circulation inside.

Pls ensure the interval between every 2 shelves not less than 4cm.

1972535869_standardlayout.thumb.jpg.09c79fa378ec0d225a5dae6d3ded7274.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sukie said:

It seems that this beast was bought before 2019. 😁  As this model has been upgraded in 2019, and it will be upgraded again in the mid of this year. 😄

Hi Sir,  if the inside humidity difference of MON humidor is up to 5% , that is abnormal. 

1. Could you pls send me a video of your humidor? My whatsapp is +8613632669253. I will send it to our engineer for checking.

2. What brand of the hygrothermograph do you use? Is it digital or mechanical? Normally speaking, the digital hygrometer is more precise. But it still depends on its humidifty measurement accuracy, this info normally be shown on the user manual of your hygrometer. The most precise of hygrometer in the market is ±2%, not as accuracy as those sensors which MON humidor used (±1%). So if 5% difference, we need to check if it is the problem of the humidor or the hygrometer.

3. Where do you put the hygrothermograph in the cabinet? Can you send us a photo ? 

Below  photo is a best cigar placement way ---- Trapezoidal stack types. Place the cigar boxes in this way can ensure the best air circulation inside.

Pls ensure the interval between every 2 shelves not less than 4cm.

hi, 

I use oasis hygrometer( which they say it’s 1+/-)  and I tested it with a boveda pack and it was spot on, 

I’ll take your offer and send you a video early next week! Thanks and hopefully we will be able to sort it out 

On 3/27/2021 at 12:44 AM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

hi, 

I use oasis hygrometer( which they say it’s 1+/-)  and I tested it with a boveda pack and it was spot on, 

I’ll take your offer and send you a video early next week! Thanks and hopefully we will be able to sort it out 

OK, thank you, we'll be waiting. :))

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 9:41 PM, Sukie said:

OK, thank you, we'll be waiting. :))

Hi Sukie

On 3/26/2021 at 1:55 AM, Sukie said:

can you please provide some detail around what improvements were made and what improvements will be made this year, thanks?

On 4/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, SevyG said:

Hi Sukie

can you please provide some detail around what improvements were made and what improvements will be made this year, thanks?

The main improvement of C-series climate-controlled cigar cabinet is, we used 4 fans instead of  2 fans, and using larger S-shaped wet membrane. The humidifying capacity is 20 times of the old version. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sukie said:

The main improvement of C-series climate-controlled cigar cabinet is, we used 4 fans instead of  2 fans, and using larger S-shaped wet membrane. The humidifying capacity is 20 times of the old version. 

Here it is shown in my new C330

6FDD5820-B401-4AB4-8B81-C747B4E7D95F_1_201_a.jpeg.b140459233ce4a198ca4d1bb7808080c.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

hi, 

Hi. Did you manage to resolve this? I am having a similar problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 12:53 PM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Hey, I was not offered the ammonia removal feature I’m afraid I won’t be of much help in that regard 

my feedback would be slightly mixed unfortunately. The humidity fluctuates and I’ve noticed it’s not keeping the same level of humidity on the top and lower shelves( especially in the back area) as the desired settings. So I’m running it in a bit higher than what I like ( 68%) so the hygrometer reading in the back wouldn’t drop below 63%. 

Ive got in touch with the sales lady, she was helpful and guided me to reduce the number of cigar boxes in order for the air to flow easily but that didn’t help much. I stopped trying to solve the problem and just accepted it to be honest 

Overall to be honest I’ve used it for 3 months and the cigars are in good condition I was just hoping humidity would be even throughout the humidor 

on your last question I have not used the walk up area so can’t comment there 

Did you solve this?

I have the same model, but I realized from the pictures and operation that all the fans circulate at the same time. Thus always results in higher rh on the top than the middle and bottom shelves. It's the same in any electric humidor. 

They advertise it that loosies go up top, cool, and boxes in the middle. Makes sense right? That humidity is going to be pushed up and effect the singles more. 

Have you tried lowering your humidity to compensate? I don't have enough boxes in mine to make a huge difference, and I'm letting all my current singles stay out of this big humidor until I Crack open a box.

I do have the Ammonia device, I was thinking it is a ozone emitter, but I don't believe it is. Nothing smells off. 

Oh, the humidity readings seem to be +/- 1% for me. I'm using govees and cigar oasis 4s. I like the cigar oasis hygrometers better. Govees have way too many issues in my experience. 

Without a solution or a bit more honesty I believe a solution would be to store NCs up top and make a singles try in the middle to bottom. But the device has no way to lower the humidity up top while keeping the lower levels at the desired rh. The only solution would be if they isolated the top, but then the lower levels would be in the same bind. Top lower level would be higher rh than the rest. Same as every other electric humidor, excepting Gerber I suppose. 

I'm curious if they find a solution for you as it will impact me as well. And my pal who also just ordered one of these. Still, I think it's the best thing going in the US.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 12:37 PM, Meesterjojo said:

Did you solve this?

I have the same model, but I realized from the pictures and operation that all the fans circulate at the same time. Thus always results in higher rh on the top than the middle and bottom shelves. It's the same in any electric humidor. 

They advertise it that loosies go up top, cool, and boxes in the middle. Makes sense right? That humidity is going to be pushed up and effect the singles more. 

Have you tried lowering your humidity to compensate? I don't have enough boxes in mine to make a huge difference, and I'm letting all my current singles stay out of this big humidor until I Crack open a box.

I do have the Ammonia device, I was thinking it is a ozone emitter, but I don't believe it is. Nothing smells off. 

Oh, the humidity readings seem to be +/- 1% for me. I'm using govees and cigar oasis 4s. I like the cigar oasis hygrometers better. Govees have way too many issues in my experience. 

Without a solution or a bit more honesty I believe a solution would be to store NCs up top and make a singles try in the middle to bottom. But the device has no way to lower the humidity up top while keeping the lower levels at the desired rh. The only solution would be if they isolated the top, but then the lower levels would be in the same bind. Top lower level would be higher rh than the rest. Same as every other electric humidor, excepting Gerber I suppose. 

I'm curious if they find a solution for you as it will impact me as well. And my pal who also just ordered one of these. Still, I think it's the best thing going in the US.

Which model do you have i am ordering mine next week. MON2800

Well, no curb where I am, just a dirt drive. They helped me get it inside, but with a $100 tip. It's really heavy. I don't know what company they get to deliver for you, but white glove just for cheap electronics is even more as I recall, so I would have been ok paying more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 12:32 AM, Meesterjojo said:

Does yours have the Ammonia removal? Is it hiding?

Supposedly it does. It's not on the interior walls. Could be on the backside.  Not 100% sure though.

5 hours ago, Meesterjojo said:

It's a big silver oval shaped box. Mine and my friends are in the same spot on the back wall between the third abd fourth shelf.

Mine doesn't have that option then. Can you tell a difference with it?

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought a MON1800A.
The sales process for me leaves a lot to be desired.
Also, the shipping method has changed to by sea only, whereas before there were a few options. The pricing of the shipping also doesn't match sea freight - it's more akin to air freight. Sea freight is substantially cheaper than air freight, yet the pricing doesn't reflect that.

I hope the product reflects quality in terms of how expensive it is...

• Like 1

I went ahead and bought a MON1800A.
The sales process for me leaves a lot to be desired.
Also, the shipping method has changed to by sea only, whereas before there were a few options. The pricing of the shipping also doesn't match sea freight - it's more akin to air freight. Sea freight is substantially cheaper than air freight, yet the pricing doesn't reflect that.
I hope the product reflects quality in terms of how expensive it is...

Sea freight shipping cost increase is probably related to a 40 foot container quadrupling in cost to ship from a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Right now ports seem to be backed up. I know the shipping for my mon3800 was like $1200. 

Toyed around with my mon3800 this week. Found that when empty there's a +3% difference in humidity between the bottom shelf and the top.

The answer was obvious: the fan output for the water reservoir is under the bottom shelf and blows upwards. 

When set at 65% the bottom will be 67%-68%.

The sensors are only in the middle and up top and the system only accounts for those.

So I rearranged things and put NCs at the bottom 2 shelves, then layered CCs going up. 

Humidity in top 3 shelves is spot on when compared with multiple govees and a cigar oasis 4. So I'm comfortable with that.

I'm not sure using boveda would improve things. 

A few posts in here about humidity imbalance got me thinking. My mon3800 is fairly packed but evenly spaced with boxes. I'm happy with the resulting layout of NCs bottom and my good stuff up top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1