Your latest CC Purchase?

• Replies 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly bought recently .... but just found today in my lockers : Trinidad Fundadores EL NOSU ( El Laguito OCT 1998 ) bought in 2006 in Switzerland. Placed inside my lowest locker and to

I haven't posted in here for quite some time and thought that it would be nice to share some vintage cigars that just came in. I like to collect and smoke as many different vitolas de salida as possib

I don’t normally post my purchases but, aside from the Nudies bundles I ordered, the Lanceros will probably be the last cigars I receive for a while. The other two are highlights from my last few orde

On 2/15/2024 at 10:20 AM, AllorNothing said:

Partagas Aristocrats

April 23’ 

lovely box green paper box innit

You shoulda left the fancy green bands on there, now they don’t match the box anymore!

3 hours ago, Chitmo said:

You shoulda left the fancy green bands on there, now they don’t match the box anymore!

I think I would stop buying cigars if the original band wasn’t underneath. I wonder if this ridiculous law will get reversed one day or they’ll be a distinction on type of tobacco marketing 

29 minutes ago, AllorNothing said:

I think I would stop buying cigars if the original band wasn’t underneath. I wonder if this ridiculous law will get reversed one day or they’ll be a distinction on type of tobacco marketing 

I thought the whole thing was stupid personally, but it irritated me to no end that cigars got lumped into it. I’m in a city of 500k people and I know 4 others that smoke cigars 😂 Not to mention, who am I influencing? Teenagers aren’t silly enough to buy cigars, if I gave my daughter $50 she’d go buy new jeans, not a D4!

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:59 AM, MagicalBikeRide said:

Nice surprise with the box code 

I never really got deep enough to care about box codes, I’m afraid to ask why everyone cares? My rabbit hole is already pretty deep without adding a layer! 😂 

12 minutes ago, JohnS said:

There is a tradition within our hobby for pursuing a run of marcas or vitolas that are 'hot'. Often, this is expressed simply via the cigar itself (for example, recent run of Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 has been 'in-form', so-to-speak, as it was voted our forum's No.1 cigar last year), or via box codes.

Truthfully-speaking, this may not be as pertinent as it once was in the 2000s and 2010s (in regards to chasing box codes), as the recent Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent Habanos production crisis has somewhat changed things quite a bit, in my view.

Yeah, back in the 2000s I was struggling to keep a 25 count desktop stocked. In the 2010s it was a little better, I used to buy the occasional box on the ship when they offered cigars to us for duty free. I remember buying P2s for around $200/box Canadian and telling myself I was crazy for spending that much on cigars. Oh how things change! 😂 

• Like 3

I’d generally agree with @JohnS and in the round, I don’t pay as much heed to box codes today as I might have a couple years back. Save for El Laguito. I visited once and it was just so different to any of the other factories I’d been to. A really cool place. 

And whether I’ve been pure lucky or otherwise, all the E2’s I’ve had from there have been outstanding. I’d snap the GES box vs a provincial code. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, eaglebear29 said:

On the topic of box codes, as I'm very curious... Which would be your favorite or most sought out for box codes out of the 2 here? 

Both Sancti Spiritis region.        RAP  (Zara)     or     BAO  (Jatibonico)

Hey, I use the same containers for overflow when I buy to much. I can slowly put them into the tower without the wife noticing then. Haha where’d you get the trays to fit them?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ubiquito said:

Looking at the most recent reviews on Amazon for the trays, it appears two stacked no longer fit in the sistema 236qt. perhaps due to slightly modified internal dimensions of newer sistema containers.

Curious if they did that intentionally making the trays taller, pointing people who want 2 trays for singles to their new cheaper option to undercut the sistema. 

Good way to save money with the new version anyways, and if ya already have the sistema, I'm sure you could trim off the top with a skillsaw. 🤷‍♂️