2019 FOH BLIND TASTING CIGAR NUMBER 4

On 11/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, mwaller said:

I smoked #4 last night.  Flavor-wise, there was nothing particularly distinctive about it.  The wrapper was a bit thick and quite oily; this seems to have given the smoke a very oily mouthfeel.  Unfortunately, there's little flavor to go with that oil, so it just tastes... Oily.  There are hints of wood here and there, but they are overwhelmed by the tangy bite of under-aged tobacco.  A dud in my book.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, lovethehaze said:

Woody. Sour twang and peppery. Draw wasn’t great. And pitched Into the last 3rd became very tannic. 
anybody's guess 

cheers 

I had a very similar experience  with this cigar.   The wrapper seemed very oily and I got wood, pepper, and it was a little tannic at the end.  It burned very well for as oily as the wrapper was.  It was the only CC I have ever smoked that after puffed it and set it down it would smoke a bunch between puffs.   Usually there is a little smoke then it goes away.   I will say out of all 5 cigars this was the only disappointment.   I will say I have no clue which cigar to guess.

• Like 1

What an incredibly disappointing cigar. Uneven burn galore, multiple touch ups. Minimal palate; really understated flavor. Nothingness. Unsmokeable. That’s 2 cigars out of four that didn’t last more than 1.5 inches. Terrible smoke.

I want to know what this is so I never buy any. There are two possibilities here in this vitola class that I absolutely hate - I am hopeful I didn’t find a third.

• Like 3

One of the things this competition really shows up is variability. Some of us are having great experiences, others miserable ones. Not just from the same cigar but presumably the same batch, checked and chosen with some care!