Excellent review!

Glad to see HSA keep delivering on their 109s. If these are at least as good as yours and considering the unique packaging format and fairly limited run of 60,000 sticks I'd expect these to be a good investment. 

Nice!

Pretty much mirrors my experience with the two cigars I have smoked so far. Out of curiosity, what is your cab number? I split two cabs and bought one for myself and the numbers were pretty low (181, 175, 115).

Does anybody know who was actually behind these cigars? I stopped at two LCDHs in Lima a couple weeks ago hoping to pick up a few to try (or, let’s face it, talk myself into a box) and they had never heard of them. I would have figured Peru was as “Andes Region” as it got. 

25 minutes ago, bpm32 said:

Does anybody know who was actually behind these cigars? I stopped at two LCDHs in Lima a couple weeks ago hoping to pick up a few to try (or, let’s face it, talk myself into a box) and they had never heard of them. I would have figured Peru was as “Andes Region” as it got. 

I'm assuming it's Vegas del Caribe S.A.C., who are the distributors for Boliva, Peru, and Ecuador. This assumption is based entirely on the fact that the last release for the Andes region was "Andino B.P.E." If that was the case though I would expect that an LCDH in Lima would be all over it. They seem to be available at a fair few European retailers which is a bit odd for a South American release this soon after it came out.

The other Andean nations... Argentina and Chile are with one distributor, Columbia and Venezuela each have their own... I guess it's plausible that one of them decided to call their release Andes for reasons unknown.

Perhaps @cigarbigboy or @Lotusguy can settle it... you guys have boxes, can you please post a pic of the leaflet that came in the box? Or tell us which distributor is named on it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chucko8 said:

Fantastic review and pics. Thanks @cigarbigboy

I have just completed a trade to get hold of some of these and very much looking forward to getting them and giving it a try out.

Enjoy them.  I'd love to hear what you think of it once you try one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ATGroom said:

I'm assuming it's Vegas del Caribe S.A.C., who are the distributors for Boliva, Peru, and Ecuador. This assumption is based entirely on the fact that the last release for the Andes region was "Andino B.P.E." If that was the case though I would expect that an LCDH in Lima would be all over it. They seem to be available at a fair few European retailers which is a bit odd for a South American release this soon after it came out.

The other Andean nations... Argentina and Chile are with one distributor, Columbia and Venezuela each have their own... I guess it's plausible that one of them decided to call their release Andes for reasons unknown.

Perhaps @cigarbigboy or @Lotusguy can settle it... you guys have boxes, can you please post a pic of the leaflet that came in the box? Or tell us which distributor is named on it?

Okay, thanks! Seems weird then--neither of the LCDHs I went to in Lima seemed like the kind of places that would move 50 count cabs of 109s. It was more like Troyas and Quinteros, with a lot of bare shelves. I wonder if they didn't intend these for the internet market from the get go.