Suddenly cant upload pictures.

On my iPad, where I usually post from, I tried to post a picture today in the “today’s smoke” thread, and when I tried to upload, the entire bar filled, but instead of showing the picture, a new window popped up saying “error 200”.

I tested it with several other pictures, and got the same thing.

I switched to my iPhone, and the same thing happened.

Other people have posted pictures since then, so I assume it has to be my account, no?

An update. 

If I crop the pictures enough, they will upload.

It has nothing to do with the MBs.

Normal sized pictures with low MB size will still not upload, while cropped pictures with higher MBs will upload.

I have never had to crop the pictures until today.

OK, so, the pictures that I actually take with my iPhone need to be cropped, as I said.

But I noticed today, if I take my picture with my iPad, it uploads.  The only thing I can think of is that my iphone is a lot newer than my iPad, so the pictures are much higher resolution.  Maybe they put a limiter on it recently?

Hi All,

We're looking into this now. In the past, there have been tech issues that just relate to certain devices, OS's, browser versions, etc. This could be in that category as I've run a couple of tests on the desktop today, with no issue. Regardless, bear with us, we'll get to the bottom of it as soon as possible. 

Thanks. 

Cheers,

Steve. 

4 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

OK, so, the pictures that I actually take with my iPhone need to be cropped, as I said.

But I noticed today, if I take my picture with my iPad, it uploads.  The only thing I can think of is that my iphone is a lot newer than my iPad, so the pictures are much higher resolution.  Maybe they put a limiter on it recently?

5 hours ago, Stump89 said:

I'm having the same issue from my Android phone too.

4 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Yup android

Hi All,

I haven't been able to recreate this issue with my phone (iPhone 6+ on mobile site and Tapatalk), so we could be looking at a specific device or OS issue. If you can take screenshots of the error and post them to this thread then that would be great. Also provide details of the device you're using and the image file size, specs, etc. The more info we have the better we can inform Invision and attempt to resolve the problem quickly. 

Thanks guys. 

Cheers,

Steve. 

Same issue started about 2 days ago. Error -200 on upload attempt. When I crop photo and retry then issue resolved. 

IOS 12.3.1 on iPhone 6s. It was a recent update from Apple 

1 hour ago, MoeFOH said:

Hi All,

I haven't been able to recreate this issue with my phone (iPhone 6+ on mobile site and Tapatalk), so we could be looking at a specific device or OS issue. If you can take screenshots of the error and post them to this thread then that would be great. Also provide details of the device you're using and the image file size, specs, etc. The more info we have the better we can inform Invision and attempt to resolve the problem quickly. 

Thanks guys. 

Cheers,

Steve. 

20190630_192644.thumb.jpg.914db7ed6936fed6970bd261ba8021f2.jpg

14 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Yeah. I just tried another image just now and it repeated. I had to crop just slightly to get that screenshot to upload

@BoliDan if you wouldn't mind, could you please try logging out/in on your phone and uploading another image just to see if the settings we tweaked need that to take hold?

Hi All,

Until we hear back from Invision on this, the best workarounds are:

1. Clear browser cache on your device (especially phones, as this issue seems to be centred primarily on that device type). We have tweaked some settings, but these may not take effect until you perform a clearing of your cache. 

2. Keep file sizes small to medium. Large files may trip the error. Cropping photos has worked for some members. 

We'll hopefully hear back from Invision soon and have this resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers, 

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

I had issues uploading photos for the review this weekend. Similar, but not the same as the previous posts. The first few just "failed", then I got the -200 error a few times. I saved the post without the photos, exited the forum, and tried again about 10 minutes later. Same thing. I tried again about 155 minutes later and 3 of the 4 photos uploaded no problem, the 4th just wouldn't take. I am on a windows 10 PC.