What's for Breakfast?

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Protein Cookies 

Great for a healthier quick grab out the door to work. 

- 3-4 over ripe bananas

- 2 scoops vanilla protein

- 1.5 cups oats

- 1 egg

- dark chocolate chips or chunks

- pinch of sea salt

Mix all ingredients in large bowl. I mash up bananas very well first. Ladle onto a lined baking sheet with baking paper. Cook at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. 

IMG_20190515_191147919.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the German Pancake, personally (sometimes called a "Dutch Baby"). I learned to love it at Walker Brothers (get the plain, not the apple - don't let anywhere tell you differently) in the Ch

Every Friday morning, I make breakfast for all my employees and have been doing so for about 3 or 4 years now. Simple stuff, mostly sausage, egg, tomato scrambles with fresh baked bread and some

Nothing gets me ready for the day like a pound of bacon in a styrofoam container.  

Fascinating to see some of the recipes/pics that rolled out here! From the super simple to the more complex - great stuff! :clap:

To the winner of the sampler for most likes, that goes to @Deeg !! (Man, that pancake looked good! I'm set to try that this weekend!) :thumbsup:

And the random draw sampler goes to @crking3 !!

Congrats to both winners! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll organise dispatch of your prizes. 

Let's keep this rolling - it's an easy thing to take a snap at breaky time and post it up! I'm about to do mine for today. :hungry:

• Like 2

Uwah - my first FOH prize!  Thanks a billion.  And yeah, the German pancake really is that good (though I could never quite match Walker Brothers).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg said:

Uwah - my first FOH prize!  Thanks a billion.  And yeah, the German pancake really is that good (though I could never quite match Walker Brothers).

Thanks for that recipe, deeg. I'll definitely try it. Well deserved win, mate.

• Thanks 1

My stand by. Bacon lovers thick and crisp. Over easy eggs hash browns and rye toast.
Lemon creme crepes for good measure
Cheers

f6d923f5424a729bdd586b01d6ef862a.jpg
5ff44bc850ea39bd29c5ddd595d5f5bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lovely breakfast of perfect sunny side up eggs with some pan fried leftover au gratin potatoes from last night. Also a huge cup of Sumatra blend coffee. Been on a kick for Sumatran for a while. I love that dank earthiness that they can have. 

20190708_094343.jpg

I don't have a picture for this, because it's ready very quickly and I eat it immediately so the eggs don't overcook. My kids love it, wife loves it, we have it for breakfast at least once a week and another time for diner. It's also a great late night snack as it takes about 3 mins to make. Seems super simple, but to master it and make it perfect it takes a bit of practice.

The classic French omelette:

- a bit of butter or oil (I use both)
- 3-4 eggs
- Chives (a little or a lot depending on your preference, but a must have)
- Sprinkle of salt

Get a pan going on med-high heat
Whisk the eggs real good and add chives 
Drop in pan and give the pan a shake stir with a fork (need you two hands). Be quick as the curd needs to be fine and should not brown at all unlike a regular omelette.
When eggs seem half done, add a pinch of salty, tilt the pan and roll the omelette
Transfer immediately to plate so the middle doesn't overcook.
Eat immediately because the carryover heat will cook the eggs inside solid after 5 mins

The real difference between this and the regular country omelette is the size of the egg curd; on the classic French omelette, it is fine and delicate, it is also a lot fluffier. 

The master Jacques Pepin:

The best breakfast in Texas prepared by 84 year old Pitmaster Tootsie Tomanetz. 

Why BBQ for breakfast?  In 2008 Snow's BBQ was to be rated the best BBQ in Texas by Texas Monthly magazine.  Prior to the magazine being printed a fact checker called and asked the owner what time they opened.  Kerry (the owner) replied that they normally got there at 8 am on Saturdays (only open one day a week).  After the magazine came out they felt compelled to stick to the hours that had been printed.  It's so good and so popular you just about have to show up at 8 to get some.  

DSC_6414.jpg

DSC_6484.jpg

• Like 1

Don't usually eat breakfast been doing the intermittent fasting nothing between 8:30 and 12:00, but when I have breakfast it is left over bbq its usually smoked ribs and sausage  .

I think smoked food tastes more smokey the day after , lunch is normally rib meat that has been pulled on a bun with cheese and coleslaw

IMG_20190413_175202.jpg

IMG_20190413_180350.jpg

3 hours ago, Auspaul said:

I think smoked food tastes more smokey the day after

Maybe you should stop leaving them near your ashtray! :P

1 hour ago, CaptainQuintero said:

I've recently got into toasted rye bread for breakfast, I don't know how I ever missed it before it's amazing! That caramelised malty goodness is just lovely.

After seeing the last couple of BBQ breakfast posts, I thought you said toasted rib eye bread...

• Haha 1

Not enough uptake for this, so I have closed it off as a comp now, but keeping it as a general thread if anyone wants to add to it. :)

Two random samplers go to @lovethehaze and @shippers !!

Congrats! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who entered and made me hungry... well, hungrier. :hungry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1