Your most memorable smoke

What is the most special smoke you ever had, and why. Was it a special setting? A hard to get cigar? Or a special occasion?

For me it’s when my first child was born. Feeling proud as a rooster and smoking Robusto Supremos with a Hennessy XO. An intoxicating combo of exotic spices and dried hey with the right amount of barnyard to it! I’ve had cigars before and after that should be better on paper, but they can’t touch it. 

For me it was my first BBF, a 4 year old specimen at the Wingtip club in San Francisco with the best old fashion I've ever had. I had a few cubans up to that point, but that was the cigar that opened up the CC world in all of it's glory to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A Cohiba Double Corona, given to me by @jay8354. I think the occasion was Jason's 27th birthday. That Cohiba DC was absolutely amazing. The closest I've ever come to that cigar was the 1966, but it was only a shadow of the DC.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

Ohhhh, so that’s what a veranda is!

Well, as you know, it’s really the front porch, but most of these Yankees on here won’t know. ?

• Haha 1

Difficult to pick because it depends if it is just about the cigar:

If it is just about the cigar, then its these two:

1. My first proper Cuban cigar, a Partagas D4 (not counting a few very bad RyJ tubos examples tried previously).

2. A 2003 Siglo VI. Very early on in the first year of my cigar adventure and the first to really blow me away.

If its about the actual experience, then I would have to say five year old Diplomaticos No.4 from an exceptional 2006 box, paired with single malt 18 year Glenmorangie, shared with some new friends when I first moved to Lithgow. It was much more than just the cigars, it was the setting, atmosphere and friends involved. The cigars were also superb all round!

• Thanks 1

I smoked a Davi Dom Perignon with a glass of Dom and then a glass of Stitzel Weller pappy 20 (when you could find easily for $100) when my first son was born in 2008. Was easily top 3 day of my life(wedding and 2 kids) and I will never forget it. Honestly, the cigar wasn’t that great, I ended up smoking a monte esp 2 right after. ?

My very first siglio one while sitting in my garage listening to the pouring rain. The cigar made me a cohiba lover to this day. Between the stick, rain and the rum it was magical for me. Never looked back...

Decided to go horse riding through some tobacco fields near Pinar del Rio. Was hot (as usual) so was riding shirtless. We picked up a farmer rolled cigar and contined the smoke while riding the rest of the way.

It doesn't take a vintage LE Cohiba to have a memorable smoke. This was an experience I won't forget.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Omnipus said:

Decided to go horse riding through some tobacco fields near Pinar del Rio. Was hot (as usual) so was riding shirtless. We picked up a farmer rolled cigar and contined the smoke while riding the rest of the way.

It doesn't take a vintage LE Cohiba to have a memorable smoke. This was an experience I won't forget.

Here’s our winner. 

I think that though I have had legitimate Cuban cigars, a siglo VI being the first ever and had a siglo 4 and Montecristo no 2 the first time I went to Cuba at the hotel nacional...I still think the cigar that absolutely blew me away was the first D4 I had off a box I grabbed from the Partagas factory in Havana.

I remember my buddy came over and had an equally eye opening experience. It was such a different "full body" than anything non Cuban we had which was just heavy and full of nicotine and stink.

The most recent memorable cigar was an H. Upmann Connie B that I had in London a couple weeks ago. Nailed the flavor profile.

I was sitting in my best friend's backyard setting up for his engagement party as he was proposing to his now wife that day.  I remember finding some quiet time and lit up a Monte Edmundo.  It was the best cigar I have had to this day, silky smooth, chocolate, some spice, and a very clean tobacco flavor.  Not sure if it was my excitement for my buddy or the actual cigar but it will be very hard to top that experience.

Monte2 at a friend's wedding reception at Wentworth club house, about 15 years ago.  Had to excuse myself, walked outside, and had half an hour to myself, an ineffable experience.

My first cuban is still my most memorable.  Cohiba Robusto on an island, real deal straight from the 5 star resort (and pricey).  It was about as good as a CoRo gets.

I find it hard to get consistency in them, and it's really frustrating.  Out of the last 20 I've had, about half were amazing and the other half were meh to terrible.  Pretty expensive to be rolling 50/50 odds.  

A Padron 1926 in the backyard by our fire pit after my alma mater won a National Championship. I'm still waiting to find a Cuban cigar that rivals my love for Padrons, and I suspect it will happen at some point, but for me the consistency, quality, and flavor of damn near anything with the name Padron on it is second to none. They're just flawless. 

On 6/12/2019 at 1:33 AM, stogieluver said:

Smoking a 1966 on the veranda (back porch as we refer to it in Lower Alabama) of the Nacional on my first day in Havana on my first trip to the island in 2012. 

DC11D4B1-62B4-4FC8-8E7E-746FDB1774A2.thumb.jpeg.c8a7b16f649257bbac8c6c543add8fdf.jpeg

Ohh, i thought veranda was a 100% swedish word :D

I had these Upmann Mag 50 that were 2008 vintage that were magic.  The first few puffs were mild, a little sweet and a little salty. Then, oh Lord, then they would build and build and build to a mind-blowing crescendo of full-flavored, full-bodied masterpieces.  When I checked back in around 2013, they appeared to have a different blend that was more fruity and lacking the mustiness that captivated me.  I can still remember them and would love to find a vintage 10-box of them.

16 hours ago, SmokyFontaine said:

A Padron 1926 in the backyard by our fire pit after my alma mater won a National Championship. I'm still waiting to find a Cuban cigar that rivals my love for Padrons, and I suspect it will happen at some point, but for me the consistency, quality, and flavor of damn near anything with the name Padron on it is second to none. They're just flawless. 

100% agree.  For me it's the 1964 maduro.  I can't find anything on the planet that touches it.  

Fishing trip in Canada on the last day. We made a flotilla of all of the boats on our trip off of the shores of "Scheu Island" which is an island my father-in-law named after himself after catching a ton of fish there many years ago. Not sure what I was smoking, probably an Oliva V. As the sun went down we passed a bottle around and rounded out the week. image.thumb.png.b4ae647075fec2b09532413ce4119c40.png