Video Review - H Upmann Connoiseur B LCDH 2017

Ferrero

Love the video the outtakes should be at the end of all videos from now on! As for the cigar i have tried once but I wasn’t in the right frame of mind that day so didn’t give it a good go! I will try this again this weekend I do remember the hint of Cohiba you said about. I remember it had a good quality smoke so can’t wait to try again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

This video is tweaking my interest on buying these but compared to the price of my beloved Connie As I will hold off buying them until the price comes down a bit.

Is that likely do you think? I have had a couple of these and really liked them. Might just bite the bullet and get a box. I don't think the price will come down personally these look like one of the latest hits from Habanos... Then again with there logic maybe they will be canned for a 60rg Connie C ?

12 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

This video is tweaking my interest on buying these but compared to the price of my beloved Connie As I will hold off buying them until the price comes down a bit.

I would try some before buying a box. I'm a huge Connie 1/A fan and the B is not for me. I think Rob comments offhand in the vid how it would be nice if they had a tad more punch to them and I agree. It is most definitely a lighter blend. I would kind of put it right there with the Mag 50 in terms of strength and body.

If you like the richness of the Connie 1 and A and really like those prominent shortbread and baking spice flavors you may be a bit disappointed with the B. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shippers said:

Is that likely do you think?

I think so. Connie A has dropped about 25% since 2014 (from $350 to about $270) and B has dropped about 10% since last year. I would expect the B to end up around $300-320 in the next 18 months.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I have no doubt that the current Connie B will age 10 years easy. As good as an 03 Winston is today

I agree on the Connie B being a good cigar, at least the boxes I’ve sampled but 03 SW?

The 03 SW are some of my best and those I have left are on the once-a-year list. 

1 hour ago, RijkdeGooier said:

I agree on the Connie B being a good cigar, at least the boxes I’ve sampled but 03 SW?

The 03 SW are some of my best and those I have left are on the once-a-yesr list. 

To put in in perspective. 

The taste of the 18/19 Connie B very much remind me of the body and flavour of the 03 Winston when they first came out.  

• Like 1