How few left in the box/cab before ditching it?

What's the minimum number of cigars you will keep in their original box before taking them out to place elsewhere (e.g. another box or drawer ) and freeing up space in the humidor?

• Like 1

Depends on the box and the cigar. Hard to get cigars usually keep until one or two sticks left if it’s a tenner-box. Not so hard to find, after five sticks I put them in a big box of sticks of same marca to keep minimal flavour spillage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kai Ø said:

Depends on the box and the cigar. Hard to get cigars usually keep until one or two sticks left if it’s a tenner-box. Not so hard to find, after five sticks I put them in a big box of sticks of same marca to keep minimal flavour spillage

Is flavor spillage a thing to worry about? I think this is the first I’m hearing/reading about this 

other then flavored cigars effecting non flavored cigars 

Is flavor spillage a thing to worry about? I think this is the first I’m hearing/reading about this 
other then flavored cigars effecting non flavored cigars 

It might be more of a placebo effect. On the other hand, I did take a few d no4 out of a 25 box and left them among other cc and put another few in old d no4 tubes with cap loosely on. The experiment is four years old and still going. For each year the flavour and aroma is evolving in different directions, but not dramatically. And not in a bad way, but different. Also affects the burn.

5 for 25 ct dress boxes and 50 cabs, 3 for 10 ct boxes. In my cooler, along with all my boxes, I have a couple “high end single” trays and a large Tupperware without the lid. After I take a mostly empty box out, I label the cigars and put them in the Tupperware. 

I age in cabs,so when I get to the last 3 or 4, I open a newer box,put them into the cab,and put the last ones on top.

I will note the new box code on the Habanos paper from the new box,and separate new from old with it.

been doing this for nearly 30 years,and it works very well for me.

Like gar says, I typically will marry the last of one box into another of the same that I've smoked through a bit with a note as to boxcode. If not another similar, into the singles drawers. Just put a half dozen Eslavos in the singles drawer so I could use the box for some Alex Maravillas and Princes...perfect fit!