Cruise Ship Cigar Lounges

I was on Liberty of the Seas (RC) last Feb (when the Diamond Princess was quarantining). Nice cigar lounge on the ship, smoked a couple times, the place was mostly a ghost town. Sadly, I would image the lack of use will result in the space being repurposed. 

1 hour ago, Markspring1978 said:

I was on Liberty of the Seas (RC) last Feb (when the Diamond Princess was quarantining). Nice cigar lounge on the ship, smoked a couple times, the place was mostly a ghost town. Sadly, I would image the lack of use will result in the space being repurposed. 

I went on a Princess ship when it was docked in HK for an event and when I looked into the cigar lounge it was a smallish room with only people smoking cigarettes.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, 99call said:

Travelling in style.  Cocktail, and Cigar Menu from the Cunard Line 1929.  @ATGroom  you might enjoy this. 

Nice find.

In the MRN book there is a throwaway mention of the HdM Concorde, which he speculates might have just been a renamed HdM Churchills that was served on Concorde flights.

I've occasionally gone down a bit of a rabbit hole trying to confirm this... turns out there is a whole internet community of airline menu collectors, and Concorde menus are some of the most sought after. All the ones I've ever been able to find however don't list the names of the cigars they serve... it just says "Havana cigars" at the end with the dessert, coffee, cheese etc (or "Jamaica cigars" for flights originating in the US). 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ATGroom said:

Concorde flights.

Very interesting. 

Strikes me as very strange that they chose to take Upmann jars on the ships.  They would of taken up excessive space, not to mention breakages at sea. 

I know for a fact that they used to serve cuban Davidoffs, on Concorde, as I've seen a in flight menu listing them.  Stupidly I never took a  screen grab. Still angry with myself for that. 

• 1 year later...

Little bit of thread necro here but wanted to post that I'll be taking the Bliss on Norwegian here pretty soon.  Will grab some pics of the lounge, cigars for sale, and prices.  I'm not a huge fan of cruises but the wife twisted my arm with the lounge and a last day stop in Victoria.

Managed to get my mits on a cab of Siglo IV, a box of Sancho Belis and some other goodies.  The shop is kind enough to extend current pricing as I'll be there after June 13th.  The plain packaging situation should be interesting.  When I called and asked the shop about Espy, he just chuckled 😏  Haven't brought boxes back via cruise ship before, that'll be a learning experience.