Do women have different tastes when it comes to cigars?

Do women have different tastes to men when it comes to cigars?

I wouldn't have thought so given the cigar loving women that I know .....but I could be wrong. 

Someone obviously thinks so 

El Septimo Launches World’s First Women’s Cigar Collection

Los Angeles, June 04, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- El Septimo Geneva SA, a La Grande Maison Younan Collection company, has introduced the Alexandra Collection: a new line of cigars designed exclusively for women. The premium cigar and tobacco company is known for breaking boundaries by creating new products to meet and exceed the growing demand of premium cigar smokers. El Septimo’s Alexandra Collection is blended exclusively for women, recognizing that they share the same desire as men to enjoy the cigar lifestyle, but have different responses when tasting for the perfect cigar. 

Zaya S. Younan, Chairman & CEO of Younan Collection and Younan Company, states, “Today, more than ever, women are finding enjoyment in the taste and aroma of premium, hand-rolled cigars, but are often ignored by the industry. There are no cigars on the market today that are custom designed to appeal to women and their tastes, as many see cigar smoking as a masculine past-time. Since we acquired El Septimo earlier this year, we have put significant resources into market research, testing, and blending techniques so that El Septimo is not just the best known cigars in the world for men, but the best cigars in the world for all. We want to step outside the box and encourage men and women alike to taste, explore, and understand the ultimate premium cigars.”

Continue:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/el-septimo-launches-world-first-140000218.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAE3LpkFSUK3Ho1N5RzTydsbFtb0wqwcDB9Hwyh1-atycDgJnDDnQeScnMGOB0UQ9Xfe5FuHWGGi_EYmxaz5hJjuhV_mpUbP5omZYKWO41a-MiBNlfSv5DMCCRVXSxhmzG0On_bhbEbamrF2uofugCUaHArz3iE9fi-R3w5OTp_Re

• Like 1

Wasn’t one of the RyJ’s blended specifically for women? Julietas or something. 

It doesn’t seem very groundbreaking. La Reina was also blended by two women, so probably appeals to women. La Sirena blended by a woman as well. I’m sure there are others.

Perhaps the size of the cigar to conform to "gender norms" (should they fall into that) just like woman marketed cigarettes.  Flavor wise, it would be same.  That being said, the wife likes the Cohiba Mini's...  Those cigars pack a wallop though.  Not for the empty stomach!

• Like 1

In my vegueros mananitas review I was teasing how it’s a great smoke for new girlfriends who want to hang with the guys, but I think the whole underplaying assumption (stereotype) is girls can’t handle  medium to full cigars. And even saying “look, we have a line for women now!” Is riffing off that same stereotype. It shows cigar culture is unpacking generations of gender stereotypes and they’re still very clear and present. On Instagram I feel like the only time I see a woman with a cigar is in a bikini and there’s so many guys snapping pics of themselves with a Cohiba and a big watch, or with their handgun or knife. And when a woman postures a cigar post on social media let’s say showing off a car or a watch or a desert eagle it’s first seen as her adapting more masculine things.  So cheers to all the ladies at the shooting range with a cigar hanging out of your mouth, we are one in the same. 

Land on a side note, I think these gender stereotypes may be a western thing, because whenever I see videos of cigar factories there’s more women than men and they’re crushing stogies like they’re free or something.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's more absurd than a 58 RG, is that these cigars range from 25 to 30 US a piece! Makes me feel much better about how much I spend on Cubans. My wife smokes a cigar with me every night, and seems quite happy with her cubans!

• Like 1